Episode 7: Battle of the Pomegranates

May 1, 2020 

     Lively Dimension 

           It was the first day of May in a very new decade. By this time, most schools in Southern Lively had been completed while some courses in Northern Lively were still educating the children. It had also been exactly a month since the great rebellion had begun. May 1st is also when it became evident to everyone that the Lively Council was screwed-except of course, the Lively Council who failed to accept such a notion which would be their first mistake. 

        The Lively Council was designed for one purpose and one purpose only: To ensure that the rivalry between all sixty-five of the royal houses is crushed and for the nation to come together as one. It was their promise and mission statement since the year 2000 so for the last twenty years, they had worked toward peace and harmony while simultaneously assuring a happily ever after. At least, that's what they were telling themselves. 

           As you can see, based on the several flashbacks and the commentary of the present-day figures in this tale, this was not the case. It had failed ceremoniously and in the most epic of fashions. Though the council ensured that every house had a representative, the Counselors' influence and ability to veto every proposal, particularly from the nations with the most magic, had become evident. 

      But this particular chapter is not about the Council's actions per se, though that is coming up. This chapter is about how we got to this current point and scenario. As your Bard, I must explain in full and utter detail exactly what happened that led to Iris's control over the Lively Empire. Many of the colonies have actively debated about the cause and what had led to such an epic war, some blame each other for the ruins of such an empire. As human world dwellers, you are probably unaware of what happened, which is unsurprising. These chronicles happen to be the first completely dedicated to your kind so don't worry. I shall inform you exactly what occurred. 

      The Lively Council had ignored any signs of instability up until May 2020. Many Northern Lively nations were completely unaware of such a conflict before March 2020. The Southern colonies, in contrast, were completely aware of what was happening but had hoped that the rebellion would end. But alas, it wouldn't because half of the empire was unaware of what was happening. This, of course, was mostly due to censorship by the government. But unfortunately for them, some actions were not to be censored forever. This, my friends, is how the Lively Council fucked up. 

                                                                                   ***

     Lady Valentina Hospital

      Fri,  May 1, 2020 

        Alcovia, Alerie

        7:05 am EST

       Northwest Lively 

             The weather was terrible yet fascinating. That was the first thing Lilith had thought as she lay in the bed. There were a lot of windows, especially on her floor. She requested a high-floor room as she waited for the nurses. No wonder why Alerie was the best nation for surgeries such as hers. The hospital was a work of art, compared to those in Camelot.  The hospital tower was almost entirely made of unbreakable glass, allowing her to see the breathtaking capital city. Though the three walls were opaque glass, painted a lovely dark blue, the fourth wall that laid in front of her, served as a window to the outside world. The tower lay on top of a cliff and was far removed from the city. 

           The North had more castles than the South, she noted as she saw several dark marble rooftops of castles and cathedrals alike. The view reminded her of a human world painting she was once shown with the large clouds completely swallowing the sky, allowing the outside world to be somewhat foggy, yet there. The tall glowing street lamps illuminated the city in the darkness, allowing her to see the tall cathedrals, though it certainly did not light much as the street lamps had blue flames rather than the scarlet glow Camelot or Maldonia had. Lilith was fascinating by the views of the moorlands with its tall skinny dark trees and its humid swamps as her carriage traveled to the hospital.