Fainting and fading

This story includes fainting, exhaustion and mental issues. In this oneshot Lucy and Tim aren't dating yet but it's set in place at just a few days after Jackson dies. Tim also hasn't become a sergeant just yet.

Lucy was heading back to work today. Angela had already been saved and everything was sorted out, other than Jackson's death. Grey told her if she needs to take some time off then she can but she was desperate to get back to work. Truth is everybody thought it was much too early for her to be going back, Jackson was her bestfriend, not just that but they lived together. Lucy was pushing herself way too much. Lucy walks in, everybody apologising for her loss and she just awkwardly smiles and walks past. Grey told Tim to ride with Lucy today to make sure she's alright and officially ready to go back to work. Roll call ends, ''Chen, you're with me.'' Tim says, firmly. They were both a little nervous for this after what had happened the night of Jackson's death. They way he held her and the look they gave eachother, it was almost like they were about to kiss. 

They got in the car and awkwardly sat there. Out of nowhere, Tim broke the silence, ''How are you doing?'' he asks, still looking at the road. Lucy sighs, ''Better.'' She says, with a clearly fake smile. The day goes on and she ends up loosening up and being her usual chatty bubbly self just a bit more toned down. Her and Tim are normal and it seems to be whatever moment happened with them was forgotten about. The end of the shift was approaching and the sky was darkening. They'd just finished a case on a missing person and returned them home and most of the LAPD were there. It was a happy moment.

Suddenly, a loud gunshot was heard from a few streets away. A few of the others decide to go and check it out but Tim whispered to them that they'll stay here unless they need backup to give Lucy a break. Little did he know the gunshot had completely triggered Lucy. It reminded her of how Jackson died to being shot in the back, the world froze around her. As soon as she heard the shot her whole body froze, she was standing away from the others so nobody really noticed. As the rest of the LAPD drove off, Tim walks towards Lucy, "Time to get back out there." He says. She doesn't respond, she stares at the floor, he notices her hands are shaking. He puts his hand on her shoulder "Lucy?" He asks, a hint of fear in his voice. She starts falling to the ground, towards Tim, he catches her in his arms. "Lucy!" He shouts. Her whole upper body was laying in his arms, her legs flopping down. He pulls out his radio, "7 Adam 19 officer down I repeat officer down, passed out send an ambulance." he says in fear. He moves her over to the sidewalk and lays her down softly, putting his hand under her head as he places her. He checks for her pulse and shakes her, "Come on Lucy, come on." He sounds terrified. An ambulance arrives quickly and as soon as he sees them he picks her up and runs towards the ambulance and they lay her on one of the beds. Tim stands outside and he paces up and down putting his hands on his head as he sweats.

Tim walks inside the ambulance and sits in the seat next to her as the paramedics give her some needles to help her heart rate stabilize. Tim's leg is shaking as he sits next to her and he grabs tight onto her hand, "Come on Lucy come on." he says, his voice cracking. Her eyes slowly start to open and Tim sighs with relief and squeezes her hand. He rubs her shoulder "I... are you okay?" he asks. She nods and tries to sit up but falls back down due to being so dizzy. Tim puts hand on her forehead, "Was it the gunshot?" he asks. She nods and tears up, "I just, I can't stop thinking that that's the way Jackson died... it must've..." she starts crying. Tim rubs her arm. "It must've been terrifying." She finishes. "I know, I know." he replies. Tim knew that right now she didn't want any advice, she didn't want to be told that Jackson is in a better place, she just wanted company and that's what he would give her. He doesn't let go of her hand.