four

"So, what is the plan?" Sarah asks her mother, smoothing the white fabric over her ever-growing-bump

"So, what is the plan?" Sarah asks her mother, smoothing the white fabric over her ever-growing-bump. She hasn't had a single say in the planning of this baby shower, and she doesn't mind. It has made her mother very, very happy.

"There is a cake," Emily says excitedly, acting like a giddy school girl. "We are going to mingle for a little while first, though," she says seriously. "Lorelai, mingle, please."

"Sure thing, mother," Lorelai says before turning her attention back to Sarah.

"How's the favourite child?" she asks her sister, her hand moving to the prominent belly between them. "She's a strong kicker this one."

"Or he-" Luke says, his hand moving to the small of Lorelai's back as they mingle.'

Sarah smiles, placing her hand on top of her sisters. "Mom is being a bit smothery at the moment. She seems to think I'm going to break like precious china. But other than that, I'm doing okay." She smiles.

"Good," Lorelai says. "Oooh, drinks. Excuse me."

Sarah watches as her sister makes a beeline straight for the champagne being carried around on a silver platter. "No beers?" Luke asks, half joking.

"You know full well that my mother wouldn't allow beers in her garden," Sarah laughs. "Thanks for coming, Luke."

"No worries," He smiles, "I was promised beer though," he smirks playfully.

"Sorry," she shrugs. "How's school, Rory?"

"It's good," Rory smiles. "Nothing new to tell."

"Right," Sarah nods, waving as some of her girlfriends walk into the garden, waving at her. "I'll be right back."

Emily wanders back over from where she has been talking to her friends, and she loops her arm around Rory's. "Boy or girl?" she asks her granddaughter, and Rory raises her brow.

"Sorry, Grandma?" she asks, taken aback by Emily's playful, happy mood.

"Which one do you think it is? Boy or girl?" she smiles. "I think it is a boy, I don't actually know, though. The obstetrician wrote it on a piece of paper, and I took it to my baker. No one knows except those two people. I have to tell you, Rory, I was so tempted to sneak a peek."

"Where's the fun in that?" Rory asks with a smile. "I think Girl."

"Like your mother, hmm." She swats her hand playfully. "There's too many girls in this family of ours. We need a Gilmore boy."