THE ONE WHERE HE WAS UNDAGGERED

Warning: sexual content

"LONG TIME, BROTHER." Kol told his brother menacingly as he stabbed a dagger into his stomach, "Now where is she? And the longer you delay in telling me, the more I will stab this dagger through your gut." He withdraw the dagger before stabbing his brother yet again. Klaus knew that he was serious.

"She's... she's upstairs!" He yelled out as his younger brother repeated his action again.

"One more time for luck," Kol stabbed him again before speeding off into the mansion to search for her.

It wasn't until he entered the sixth room, that his breath hitched and he almost went weak at the knees at the sight of the woman he had been without for almost a century. The happy feelings soon faded however, when he realised she was in an unnaturally peaceful slumber— and her heart rate was alarmingly slow.

He sped over to her side, tucking a strand of hair behind her ear, "What has he done to you, Rhea?" He whispered. He bit into his wrist quickly and tried to feed her some of his blood, even the small bits that entered her mouth didn't seem to be helping.

With a growl, he sped back down to rejoin his siblings, when he caught sight of his mother in the flesh— he raised a brow, "Not what I expected, welcome back from the dead, mother." Before focusing his attention on Niklaus.

He threw his brother into a nearby wall, the structure of the wall depleting instantly, the hybrid wasn't shocked however. He knew that Kol would be enraged upon finding Rhea, "Now, Nik, I'm gonna ask you once. What have you done to her?"

"Kol, what is the meaning of this?" Elijah interjected, unaware of Rhea's present state.

"Ask him!" He pointed a finger, "Rhea is barely alive up there!"

"I did what I had to do! She was trying to stop me becoming a hybrid!" He tried to defend his actions to his younger brother, who was having none of it, "A select few ingredients to weaken her. She will be fine once they wear off!"

Kol became enraged, "You've been poisoning her!" He accused, "If you even say that it is what ingredients I think you mean, you could've killed her!"

"But I didn't!"

Before Kol could launch at him, a voice stopped them, "CHILDREN! Enough. This is not how I wanted this reunion to be. Kol, come with me. We can make something to counteract whatever Niklaus has been feeding the girl. Niklaus, clear this mess up. We have a lot to discuss. As a family."

Kol huffed, reluctantly leaving with his mother in a desperate attempt to awaken his love.

•••

Rhea felt a pull, a pull back to reality— a pull back to conscious living. Something she hadn't felt in months. She almost didn't believe it. She was sure that it was something her mind had conjured up to escape the limbo she had been stuck in for god knows how long.