4:05

| FOR HOPE, FOR FAMILY
CHAPTER FIVE |

| FOR HOPE, FOR FAMILY CHAPTER FIVE |

"GRAN, I JUST DON'T GET IT." Rhea remarked. She had summoned her grandmothers spirit in her apartment. Something she would only do when she was in need of guidance— Demetria was always happy to help.

"It's a tale as old as time, sweetheart. Two beings of equal amounts of power can't harm one another. It's a bittersweet notion, but that's just the way it is. There is nothing either you or Ares can do directly to The Hollow to take her down." Demetria said solemnly, she hated delivering bad news but this was something she couldn't sugarcoat.

"Then I need to unlink Davina. God, I can't lose her again. Ares can't lose her again." Rhea said with a frown, feeling heavy hearted.

"I know, and you will. You're brilliant, and with Ares and Kol by your side, you can achieve anything." Demetria told her with a twinkle in her eyes.

Rhea pondered it for a few moments before looking back up to her grandmother, only to see that she had gone. With a sigh, Rhea stood from the ground and made her way to Davina's room.

"Davina?" She questioned as she walked into the room, upon not seeing the witch in question, she began to worry, "Davina?" She questioned louder.

"I'm right here." Davina called out, exiting the en-suite.

Rhea let out a sigh of relief before embracing her friend, "I worried for a moment there."

"It's okay," Davina reassured her, "I'm still me. Flesh and blood, alive. For now."

Rhea rolled her eyes, "And still linked to that monster. I promise I'm gonna find a way to set you free."

Davina frowned, "Rhea, you have no idea what we're up against."

Rhea raised a brow, "That's never stopped me before. Stay here, Ares is on his way, I'll be back as soon as I can."

"Wait, you're leaving? We might not have much time together." Davina told her with a frown.

"Losing you broke me, it broke Ares, hell, even Kol mourned you. I'm not gonna stand by and let that happen again." Rhea told her painfully, remembering how much Davina's death had affected her.

"The Hollow has to be killed and if she dies, I die. But what's the alternative, you help her? You can't betray your family." Davina told her realistically.

"Well, that's kind of our speciality now, isn't it?" The two girls turned to see Kol leant against the doorframe with his arms crossed. Ares entered the room then, coming to stand with Davina.