2:18

| THE STAND: CHAPTER EIGHTEEN |

| THE STAND:
CHAPTER EIGHTEEN |

"Come on, you don't recognise this roguish grin? Has it really been so long? Or did you prefer my other face? I thought my true face was the more handsome one." A wide smile took over Kol's face, the cheeky tone in his voice something that Rhea had missed dearly. Within a few sentences, he had lifted the depression that had settled into Rhea's bones.

"There he is," Rhea started, "No one else can sound so cheeky whilst boosting their own ego." She teased.

An adoring smile took over Kol's face, "Oh, Rhea Monroe.." He trailed off. Opening his arms, he pulled his girlfriend into a tight hug— a brilliant smile took over his face, the two of them were visibly thrilled.

"Oh, my darling, you are a sight for bleary and battered eyes. You're also stark raving mad. Do you have any idea what the ancestors would do if they found you here?" Kol turned serious, worried about Rhea's safety. As he stopped talking, the streetlights around them started to flicker and buzz with electricity— Kol looked concerned, he grabbed Rhea's hand and started leading her out of the alleyway.

"Come on, we can't stay here."

▽▲▽▲▽

The two of them made it to Rousseau's, which looked like a freaky ghost version of the real one. It was all still very surreal for Rhea.

"Are you going to tell me what's going on?"

Kol sighed, "Bottom line— you don't belong here. Luckily, the Ancestors aren't big pub-goers. More of the graveyard and goat sacrifices types. We should be all right here 'til we can figure out how to get you back."

Kol looked at her longingly before lunging towards her, attaching their lips in a passionate kiss, cupping her face in his hands. Rhea was in shock and still extremely overwhelmed, she reluctantly pulled away and immediately regretted her actions when she saw the hurt written all over Kol's features.

"Kol-" she started but he cut her off, "I see, you prefer my other look more."

Rhea shook her head instantly, "No, it's not that. I know it's you, it's just going to take some adjusting, getting used to the other face and then having the one I know so well thrown back at me. Not to mention, we're in a freaky witch-ghost land where I'm sure 99.9% of the population hates my guts."

Kol, accepting of her response, smiled at her slightly whilst cupping her face with his hands again, "I have an idea, close your eyes."

Rhea did as she was told, closing her eyes, she could hear Billie Hollidays, 'More Than You Know', start to play in the background. Rhea instantly recognised it as the song that was playing just before Kol had died and she immediately felt overwhelmed with her emotions.