1:04

[ THE RISE: CHAPTER FOUR ]

Rhea and Davina were back in the attic, after their encounter with Marcel and Elijah

Rhea and Davina were back in the attic, after their encounter with Marcel and Elijah. Rhea was sure that, when this is all over, if she never saw an attic again— it wouldn't be soon enough.

Davina continued to study Esther's grimoire and her own notes, while Rhea sat with her eyes closed, enjoying the peace.

She could literally feel Mikael's stare on her and Davina, without even opening her eyes, she said, "Stare all you want, but as long as we have this bracelet," she pointed to the item in question which resided on her wrist— one that she had a hand in making.

"We own you."

"You foolish little girl's, you imprison me here, you refuse my help, but all the while that hybrid monstrosity roams this city, free to pray on everyone you care about. Those few that remain." Both Rhea and Davina were sick of Mikael's long rants, it was repetitive and annoying.

Rhea's phone beeped, when she looked, she had a missed call and a text from Kaleb.

'Can I make it up to you over dinner?'

Rhea smiled slightly and showed Davina, who seems to understand the silent question that her friend was asking, "You should go, but I'm still chaperoning." Davina confirmed and Rhea laughed, running a hand through her hair.

She was going to dinner, with someone that wasn't Kol. It had been centuries since she had been in the company of someone other than him.

▽▲▽▲▽

Rhea was sat at a table at Rousseau's with Kaleb, the two were getting to know each other, under the watchful eye of Davina Claire, who was sitting at the other end of the bar with her eyes on the two.

"My family? Oh, no. They're crazy as loons. How about your family?" Rhea shifted uncomfortably.

"Never knew my father, mother was distant, pretty much forgot about me once I was old enough to make my own decisions. I depended on my brother a lot, until he passed away." Her answers were vague, but the truth, she thought it stupid to go into fine detail of why her mother never liked her. 

"I'm sorry," he was referring to the comment about her brother, "Mummy issues, eh? Bet she was a control freak, right?" Rhea nodded, "Yeah, same as mine. She's the reason I stopped practicing magic for so long."

Rhea's jaw all but dropped, she leant closer to the blue eyed boy, 'You're a witch?' She questioned, Kaleb smirked at the girl.