4

Chanyeol was mortified at the sight of the blood. His legs gave out and he plopped down on the floor. He was scared, he wanted to scream but his voice wouldn't come out. He wanted to run away from there but his legs weren't moving.

“Are you okay?” Baekhyun asked as he held both of his arms in his.

Chanyeol didn't reply, he was too scared to talk. He watched as Baekhyun dug the assassin’s heart out as he killed him. The assassin was trying to kill him, his target was Chanyeol.

“It's okay now. Don't cry.” Baekhyun hugged him tightly as he made sure Chanyeol wasn't hurt.

Baekhyun was delighted that Chanyeol didn't push him away this time. He was happy that his mate was safe now.

Safe.

Chanyeol was in his arms and Baekhyun couldn't be more happier.

“That literally sounds awful.” Chanyeol winced as he closed the book, letting it rest on his nightstand as he drifted off into sleep.

“It hurts.” He pouts as he glared at the vampire.

“You demanded answers didn't you?” Baekhyun says as he rolls his eyes.

“I asked, old man.” Chanyeol stuck his tongue out at him and huffed.

“Who are you and what are you?” He asked as Baekhyun frowned.

“Don't you know?” Baekhyun asked as Chanyeol shook his head.

“I mean what are you and why are you fixated on having me even though you know I despise your very existence?” Chanyeol started into the crimson eyes which seemed like burning with anger.

“You hate me?” Baekhyun asked as he clenched his hand into a fist.

“Not exactly. You are not as bad as I thought.” Chanyeol jumped to sit on the table, facing Baekhyun and his legs tucked on the either sides of the chair Baekhyun was sitting on.

“You want to know the answer.” Baekhyun asked as he nodded.

“Will you end up pushing me away if the answer is not to your liking.” Baekhyun asked in a cold voice and Chanyeol shivered.

“Byun, you shouldn't put your hopes on me but there's a chance the answer is to my liking, shouldn't you take the chance then?” Chanyeol shrugged.

“So you want to know the history of magic?” Baekhyun sighed and Chanyeol grinned as he nodded.

“For starters, magic is divided into two types, darkness and light. Darkness is vast and mysterious while light is always defined and precise. Those two forces can't coexist.” Baekhyun explained as Chanyeol wished he had gotten himself a bag of popcorn.

“You use darkness?” He asked as Baekhyun nodded.

“More than that, I'm the successor of darkness. I inherited the darkness.” Baekhyun looked proud.

“What's the difference?” Chanyeol thought out loud and slapped a hand on his mouth.

“I don't use darkness, I command it.” Baekhyun says as Chanyeol rolled his eyes.

I'm sorry. I didn't mean to.” Chanyeol apologised as he mentally slapped himself for his eye roll when Baekhyun raised an eyebrow at him.

“Chanyeol, you look pretty.” Baekhyun caresses his cheek and he blushes furiously.