“Why did I agree in the first place?” Chanyeol groaned as he fell on his bed.

“I'll be yours?” He kicked his legs in frustration.

Baekhyun didn't doubt him because he thought chanyeol was afraid of dying.

Which is half truth.

Being Baekhyun's?

This early in the story line.

But he has no choice.

There are other options he considered.

One was to let the scene unfold as it had happened in the canon.

But it was risky. Baekhyun tracked him down that night because there was a fresh bite on him. Chanyeol supposed he did that when he dragged him into the room.

Well that didn't happen alright, he got himself kicked out before that.

And the second anomaly is that in the novel it was mentioned that ‘he was rescued’ that's all. No other explanations or scenarios.

Well that was a novel but this is a very real situation. If Baekhyun couldn't reach him on time, he would have been trafficked.

Even if Baekhyun manages to track him, he would most definitely confine him because he doesn't want him to disappear again.

He had considered letting Baekhyun bite him before the meeting but it's too scary. Chanyeol was not enthusiastic to find out how the fangs are going to pierce into his skin all the way to blood vessels. The thought sent shivers down his spine.

Instead of getting Baekhyun to bite him, he could just take Baekhyun with him.

“You would have to protect me.” Chanyeol pointed a finger at Baekhyun, poking him.

“Why are you so scared of humans but pick a fight with me, a vampire?” Chanyeol would have laughed if it wasn't for the dense atmosphere.

“Focus on the mission.” Chanyeol scolded him.

“Why are you even here when you are that scared?” Baekhyun asked as he held Chanyeol's trembling hand in his.

“I don't know what they'll do if I don't.” Chanyeol said as Baekhyun opened the door.

“You're here, come sit.” Baekhyun remained silent when Chanyeol squeezed his hand as he shook his head.

“You, I'll not beat around the bush. Give your inheritance rights up. Both of us know that you won't be inheriting the company anyway.” The boy spoke as Baekhyun almost growled out.

“You are sure of that, then why are you here asking me to give them up.” Chanyeol countered.

“Don't push your luck Chanyeol. Once was a cut but the next time, it might be your neck.” She warned as Chanyeol glared at her.

The cut on his wrist. The first time he saw Chanyeol was then.

Chanyeol almost died if it weren't for him.

“I don't mind the inheritance rights. But I'm warning you, don't come after my mother's shares. I can make you regret it.” Chanyeol swirled the drugged glass in his hands.

“Chanyeol, you are too arrogant.” He smiled as he twirled the glass in his hands.

“You'll pay Chanyeol.” The female alpha warned as Chanyeol glared at them.

“I mean drugs, seriously?” Chanyeol emptied the glass on the carpet beside him.

Baekhyun was sitting beside him observing Chanyeol. He has everything under control, why invite him. He could never guess what he's thinking in that pretty head of his.