☏2- ꜰɪᴠᴇ ꜱᴛᴜᴘɪᴅ ᴛᴇᴇɴᴀɢᴇʀꜱ

🎸

We were in class now, the first period was geography. I'm not an expert, but at least I know the basics. In every class, our seats were signed with the first letter of our names, so I expected to sit in the front of the class.

As I was getting my things off my backpack, I looked at the desk before me to see who was sitting there. And I was amused to see the name written, "Akari S.", the girl who ignored me on the bus.

The rest of the students came in being followed by the teacher, who started writing his name on the board.

─Good morning, students, I hope you all can find your assigned seats so we can start the class. I'd like you to introduce yourselves with your name, the grade you are in, and since we have a pretty miscegenated class, the place your family is from. I'll start. My name is Mr. Thomas, this is the fourth year I'm teaching, and my family is from Delaware, USA. Now you. ─He pointed to the boy at the first desk who introduced himself, now it was Akari's turn.

─Akari Satou. Junior year. Osaka, Japan. ─She quickly said and sat back on her chair.

Some more people introduced themselves until it was Do-hyun's turn, he was the last person before me.

─Do-hyun Kim. Junior year. Busan, Korea. ─Do-hyun usually likes to introduce himself, but he also likes to sleep late, so he was too tired for this.

Now it was my turn, I was thinking if I should be quick like the others or talk a bit more politely.

─I'm Dustin Fields. I'm in junior year and my family is from Oslo, Norway.

─Thank you, Dustin Fields, now the next one, please.

The rest of the students introduced themselves, but I'll mention the other two who are important to this story. 

─Rey Rivera, junior year and my family is from San Juan, Puerto Rico.

─Robin Rivera, sophomore year, and since I'm Rey's sister, my family is also from San Juan.

When the class was finally done with the introduction, the teacher explained a group project he likes to do at the beginning of the school year to integrate the new students, he told us to get into groups of five. Me and Do-hyun already partnered up so we could be in the same group, but we didn't know anyone else in the class.

I thought about asking Akari to be in our group, but when I looked at her, the siblings were already asking her to be in their group.

─Hey, you two! ─The sister said looking at me and Do-hyun when she noticed I was staring at them. ─You don't have a group? Wanna group up with us?

─Yes, that would be great. ─Do-hyun answered.

We all got our desks together and waited for the teacher to give us the instructions.

─By the way... ─The brother started. ─What are your names again? I didn't pay attention to the introductions.

─Oh, I'm Dustin.

─And I'm Do-hyun.

─Great! ─The sister said. ─I'm Robin and this is my brother Rey.

Rey just waved his head, and Akari said nothing, I guess she presumed all of us already knew her name.

The teacher instructed us about the project and gave us some time to talk about it with our groups, but the class was almost over and we hadn't decided a lot of things yet.

─I think we should meet at someone's house so we can talk about the project. ─Robin suggested.

─Not ours. ─Rey completed.

─My house is still a mess since I moved. ─I said, the house wasn't a mess, but it also wasn't tidied enough for them to visit.

We looked at Do-hyun because he hadn't spoken since Robin made that suggestion.

─Um... My parents don't allow me to have friends on weekdays. ─He said, I know he lied because even when we were kids his parents didn't care about this kind of thing. Now the only person left was Akari.

─Akari...? ─Robin asked.

─No. ─Akari replied.

─C'mon, just today, I promise. We need somewhere to talk about the project. ─Robin insisted.

Akari sighed. ─Okay, fine, but this will be the first and last time!

─Don't count on that. ─Rey grumbled.

🎸

Me and Do-hyun were the first ones to make it to Akari's house, she was sitting on the floor of the porch listening to music on earbuds, waiting for everyone to arrive. I was surprised to see how her house was, at school, some students told me humors that Akari was so closed to everyone because she was filthy rich, but her house was a classic middle-class house with a small garage.

Do-hyun and I got to the porch, we just waved at her because we didn't know if we should interrupt her music-listening section. But I could hear what she was listening to, it was "Body" by Mother Mother. I knew it because she was listening at the highest volume and her earbuds weren't probably that good.

Robin and Rey arrived a couple of minutes later, so Akari guided us inside.

─Don't forget to take your shoes off. ─She said to us while taking her shoes off and leaving them on a shoe rack next to the front door.

We were going to her room when we passed in front of the kitchen, Akari stopped walking so she could talk to her mother.

─Okāsan¹, my classmates are here for the project.

Okāsan¹: An informal way japanese people refer to their mothers.

─Your friends? ─Her mother asked excitedly.

─No, just some kids from my class. ─Akari reaffirmed and now her mother looked kinda disappointed.

─Good afternoon, Mrs. Satou! ─Robin said to Akari's mom. 

─Good afternoon, kids! ─Mrs. Satou said back, Akari and Robin followed the way to the bedroom.

─Good afternoon, Mrs. Satou. ─Rey said when he passed through the kitchen's door.

─Good afternoon. ─Do-hyun said following Rey.

─Nice to meet you, Mrs. Satou. ─Since everyone was saying the same thing I wanted to be different.

We all kept going to Akari's room.

🎸

Total: 964 words.

See you next chapter! ♥︎