☏4- ᴛʜᴇ ᴠᴏᴄᴀʟɪꜱᴛ

🎸

When I was born, my family was in a difficult situation. I'm not talking financially, I mean that my parents' relationship was troubled.

My mom and dad always dreamed of having a child, but they found out it would be harder than they thought. They would have to take a lot of medicine and do some medical treatments, I don't know, they never really explained this to me.

My mom wanted a way to "speed things", so "as a surprise" she got a sperm donation without telling my dad. He wasn't happy when he discovered it.

My dad was raised in a conservative korean family, so since the moment my mom got pregnant, he never treated me like his son. My mom knew she could never change his mind, so she tried her best to take his place, she tried to be the best to me. 

"─Do-hyun Kim. Junior year. Busan, Korea." that's me.

🎸

Me and Dustin were on the school bus, him talking while I was trying to sleep, as always.

─I can't believe you actually agreed! ─He excitedly said.

─Un-hm. ─I replied with my eyes closed.

─I'm thinking of a plan to convince all of the other guys.

─You mean the boy who forgot our names, his sister, and the girl who refuses to have more than two words with another human being per day?

─We're the suicidal squad! ─He answered, it was good to see him excited about something, I just wished I wasn't the one that has to listen to his ideas at 8 AM. ─I think I'll try to convince Robin first, I think she'll agree, but if she doesn't, she'll be the easiest to convince, and if she's in, it'll be easier to convince Rey.

─What about Akari?

─If everyone agrees, we can all try convincing her, and with four people bugging her, she'll eventually agree, even if she doesn't like the idea, she'll agree if we promise to shut up.

─Dustin, did you even sleep last night?

─Nope.

🎸

We both were getting to geography class, we would try talking to Robin now, but when we came in, we just saw Rey.

─Hey, Rey. Where's Robin? ─Dustin asked.

─She wasn't feeling well today, so she stayed at home. ─Rey answered.

That's it, the one thing Dustin didn't think would mess with his plan, now he has to think about something else.

─Well, I'm sure she'll get better. ─I affirmed, Dustin had been silent for some seconds and I didn't want it to be awkward.

─Good morning, students, can you all take your seats? ─Mr. Thomas came in so he could start the class.

🎸

At the end of the geography class, Dustin told me he would try another plan. This time, Rey would be the first one to be pursued, he just didn't know how he would make this work.

─Have you even thought about what you're gonna say, or how you'll approach him? ─I asked Dustin, I was feeling already overwhelmed about this thing.

─I haven't, but I don't have time to think about it since we'll talk to him now at lunch.

─Wait, "we"?! ─I said. Me being included in his plan was new, and did he say we'll talk to Rey at lunch? I hope not, because at the moment we're going to the cafeteria.