☏6- ᴛʜᴇ ꜱᴇᴄᴏɴᴅ ɢᴜɪᴛᴀʀ & ʙᴀᴄᴋɪɴɢ ᴠᴏᴄᴀʟ

🎸

Since my parents left for Puerto Rico, my brother, Rey, has been like a parent to me. He always told me that everything would be alright, we two would be fine, but he never really took care of himself.

He thinks I didn't notice, but he started to do badly in school because instead of studying his own subjects he was helping me study mine. I wanted to make up for it, so I always tried my best in everything, socializing, grades, and chess club. I wanted him to think that all the effort he put into me was worth it. But then there was Akari, We haven't always studied together because she's older, but I have known her since middle school because of Rey. She was always good at everything she did without even trying, and that kind of thing freaks me out. The worst part is that she knew she was better than everyone else, so she didn't even try to make friends, but she always seemed so lonely...

Besides geography, I had P. E. with Akari, at our school the boys and girls had P. E. classes at different periods, so it was usual to have a lot of people from different grades in the same class. I decided trying to talk to her would be a good idea.

─Hey! Akari! ─I said calling her, in today's class we were running around the basketball court.

─Hm, hi? ─She answered.

─I wanted to talk to you about something. 

─Something about the project?

─No not really.

─Girls! Less talking! ─The P. E. teacher said to us.

After some seconds I decided to continue. ─So, Dustin had that crazy idea just because we all play different instruments.

─What idea? ─She asked me.

─I'll get to it. Everyone already agreed, Do-hyun, me, Rey. We wanted to know if you would agree to, so, wanna join the band.

─Hm... ─She didn't answer and started to run faster.

─Wait! Akari! ─I tried to get closer to her but she was already far from me.

🎸

─So, how did it go? ─Dustin asked me at lunch.

─I couldn't walk in the same rhythm as her... ─I answered and laid my head on the table. ─Someone else should talk to her.

─Actually... I think you should try again. ─Do-hyun told me, I sat up.

─Really? ─I asked.

─Yes, everyone's first time was a total disaster, but I'm sure she'd rather talk to you than with us. ─Rey said.

─You should give it another try, Robin. ─Dustin agreed.

─Well, okay, I just don't know when I can talk to her again. ─I said.

─Hm... I have an idea. ─Do-hyun said and smiled, he then pointed to the table where Akari was sitting alone.

I wasn't feeling like talking to her right now, but as sooner I do it, the better it will be, so I got up and walked to her table.

─Hm, hello one more time. ─I said and sat in front of her.

─Why are you sitting here? ─She asked.

─I wanted to talk to you... One more time. ─She looked at me with an annoyed expression. ─Did you think about joining the band?

─I don't want to. ─She answered short and thick.

─Well, why? ─I wouldn't give up so easily without an explanation.

─Because I don't know you guys and I don't want to be in a band.

─Why won't you even give it a try?

─Because I don't feel like it.

─C'mon, Akari, trust me, if you give it a try I'm sure you'll like it.

─Why would I trust you? We've known since middle school and never talked to each other. ─She said and got her phone, this time she had pissed me off. I couldn't handle it anymore, I got up and went back to the other table.

🎸

─How can someone be so annoying?! ─I said to Rey as we walked inside home.

─Haven't you thought that maybe she's not that annoying, but you're so used to everyone liking you that you get annoyed by the first person who doesn't? ─He answered.

─No, she's just annoying. ─I said.

─Well, everyone ignored my idea of asking someone else to join the band. 

─Rey, we all know it would be great to have Akari in the band, we just have to figure out a way to convince her.

🎸

Total: 690 words.

See you next chapter. ♥︎