☏5- ᴛʜᴇ ʙᴀꜱꜱɪꜱᴛ

🎸

I was diagnosed with severe anxiety when I was just eleven. When I was nine, my parents had to return to Puerto Rico because of family business, so my sister and I had to move to my aunt's house.  They never really came back, my dad did some stupid things in Puerto Rico and now neither he nor my mom can leave there for a while. I've been living in my aunt's house for eight years now.

My aunt is always at work because of us, so we never bring friends to our house to not bother her. I've always been an independent child, but my sister hasn't, so I always felt responsible for her since I'm the oldest. It was me who always helped her with her homework, it was me who stayed up late helping her study instead of studying for my own tests, I even had to learn from Google what a period is.

Today, the guys who are doing the school project with me and my sister asked us to join their band, at first I didn't want to, I know it would be cool and a good way to make friends but I would have to figure it out how to take me and Robin to the rehearsals, competitions and all the rest, and we are both busy enough with extracurricular activities. Robin always loved to play chess and now she's president of the chess club, but I'm not smart like her, my extracurricular activities are actually extra classes, and I'm trying my best to not flunk algebra.

I knocked at my sister's room door to see if she was already awake.

─Come in. ─She said.

─Hey, Robin, feeling better? ─I said as I walked in.

─I am, auntie gave me some medicine, she thinks I may have the flu.

─Oh, yeah, Do-hyun mentioned that, it seems like everyone is getting it.

─You better not get too close or you may have it too.

─Don't worry, I just wanted to talk with you about something.

─What is it? ─She sat up on her bed.

─Dustin and Do-hyun want to start a band. ─I started.

─Oh, that's cool.

─And they want us to join it.

─Really? ─She chuckled

─They want Akari to join as well.

─Poor Dustin and Do-hyun, but what did you answer them?

─Of course I said no, but they were convincing, so I decided to check with you.

─Why would you do that? You know I'll say we should go on. ─She said and I stayed silent. ─Oh, you actually want to join but won't admit it? How cute.

─Stop that, Robin. ─I said as I walked to the door.

─Tell them we're in! ─She quickly said before I closed the door.

🎸

It was already the next day, we were at lunch sitting with Dustin and Do-hyun. We were all pretty awkward. 

─So... The idea of the band is pretty cool, but, how are we going to ask Akari to join? ─Robin said.

─That's a good question that Dustin doesn't know how to answer. ─Do-hyun said rolling his eyes.

─I'm thinking about it! ─Dustin said.

─In my opinion, we should think of asking someone else, I'm sure Akari will refuse the invitation. ─I said. 

─No! ─Dustin automatically replied.

─Hm, why? ─I asked, I confess I just wanted to annoy him.

─Ahm... ─He didn't even think of an excuse.

─How many people do you know in this school who know how to play the drums? ─Do-hyun stand up for him.

─See, Dustin? That's a good excuse. ─I said teasing him, and he rolled his eyes.

─I think we should choose one of us to go talk to her. ─Robin said.

─And we can all agree it won't be Dustin. ─I said and everyone nodded.

─Why not?! ─Dustin said outraged.

─Because when you're asked to do something simple you become an amoeba. ─Do-hyun said.

─Hey! ─Dustin answered and we all laughed. ─Maybe Do-hyun should go, yesterday he had an actual conversation with her.

─I think Robin should go, we all tried to start a conversation with her except for Robin. ─Do-hyun spoke.

─I was thinking the same. ─Robin agreed. ─I mean, we're girls, maybe she just needs someone who walks on the same rhythm as her.

─Well, good luck sis. ─I said and patted her back.

🎸

Total: 685 words.

See you next chapter! ♥︎