3) I'm ready.

Her breathing steadied and though her eyes were still streaming, they now met his. He spoke softly aware of his volume. He went from talking about the latest cat TikTok she sent her to talking about what happened on his shift today. She's listening now, slightly zoned out but trying hard to focus on his words. Tim's body shifts as he swings his legs over the edge of the bed, she crawls into his lap. "Oh." The noise of surprise escapes his mouth. He thought she would be mad, that's usually how he feels after a wave of sadness settles. But instead she's sitting in between his knees and fiddling with his belt he's now wearing along with his trousers.

"It's not your fault." Her voice is wobbly catching on some of the vowels. He knows he shouldn't argue. He just nods allowing her to think. So she does. With her thoughts now clear she thinks of all the words she wants to say, the things that jumbled her mind up in the first place. Where shall she start?

"It really isn't your fault, I should've told you." He wants to let her talk without interruption but he can't let her blame herself. "It's not your fault either." He says quietly because her head is so close to his volume is insignificant. "No ones ever touched me there, accept him." Wait, she is not afraid of a name. "Caleb." She confirms, more for herself than Tim. "It just came back to me, that's all." He ponders for a moment trying to find the right words. "What can I do?"
"Can you get me a makeup wipe please?" He shuffles back from her body, wrapping her in a blanket as he moves off the bed. "Sure, where are they?" She snuggles up inside the warm fleece as she gives him clear instructions on where to find them and what brand he needs to grab from the drawer.

He returns with five different packs of makeup wipes. She laughs at the sight of him and the confused look on his face. Quickly, she ruffles through the packets and picks the one she wants. Then Lucy pulls her chocolate hair over her shoulder and lifts up Tim's t-shirt that she's decided to keep. Tim watches her as she buries her face into the collar of the grey t-shirt that looks like she could get lost in it.  When she peels her face away from the fabric she reaches for a makeup wipe. The repetitive movement of her scrubbing the wipe against her skin is almost soothing. Once throwing away the wipe she sits beside Tim on the foot of the bed. The soft skin of her hand slips over his and she leads him over her waist. "Touch it." She requests. He's hesitant, but the more he thinks about it the more he realises how strong she is. How much she must have thought about her request. So he listens.

In and out, in and out, she repeats this in her head. Making sure her body stays relaxed, keeping eye contact with her boy. His eyes are weary and have a slight glisten in them which is undeniably from tears. His arm moves from the ink to around her waist curling around her body into a hug. Now she is calm, he is to. And so they sit, and talk and at one point they even laugh. The intensity of emotions has shifted into a deep comforting breeze.

Hi!! I hope you enjoyed the ending 🥳 Though it's even harder to finish a story than to write one. If you have any feedback or requests let me know 💕 Thanks x
Part 2 out of 3!