Men.

A shiver creeps down Lucy's spine as she exits the station. She had felt it all day, an unsettling pit just growing in her stomach. Her eyes flicker so fast she could get dizzy. Does she even know what shes looking for? "Luce?" A welcoming voice approaches. "Nolan!" she continues. "How was your shift?" The two talk for a while, Lucy hovers awkwardly between him and the station, her  hands scratching at her side. "You okay?" Angela says opening the boot of her car next to the pair. "Oh yeah just got a bad feeling today." Angela's chocolatey eyes widen at the words, shaking her head slightly. "Always trust your instincts, want a ride home?" She offers. Before deciding Lucy asks "Is Tim still working?" Angela nods, opening the passenger door for Lucy then hopping in the drivers side. "See you tomorrow." John adds before briskly walking to his car.

The two women sit in the front seats, brown hair covering their shoulders. Their conversation is light but comforting, after all a long day doesn't always need much discussion. Red lines mark Lucy's thigh just below her shorts, her nails had been rubbing against her tanned skin all day. With her uniform on, she hadn't had a chance to notice it irritating her raw. "That bad?" Angela questions, following Lucy's eyes on her thighs before quickly looking back at the road. "Bad habit, I don't even know why I'm so jittery." She pauses for a moment, shuffling through the day in her head. "It almost feels like someone's watching me."
Angela's eyes now flick into the mirror, scanning the traffic behind them.

The car hums ad it backs up into the parking spot. "You wanna come in?" Lucy says loudly, still with the windows down. Angela's eyebrows knot together before replying at the same volume. "Yeah sure, the guys are already inside right?" She only gets a nod in reply. Behind them, a black car pulls up. "White male, 6"1, green jacket, black sweatpants and brown hair." This time her voice is quiet, barely audible to Lucy who's leaning forward pretending to grab her purse. The phone unlocks as Lucy texts 911.

"This is weird right? Like he must know we are cops if he's been following me all day."  Angela doesn't reply, she's zoomed in on the car trying to identify anything that could help. Help with what exactly, she wasn't sure. "We move to the apartment, phones recording and hope he's just some woman obsessed creep." The way she says it or rather states it shakes Lucy right back to being on duty.

A smile covers her face, her cheery voice chattering along with it. The perfect UC she's been told before, and though she has never considered herself perfect, even she knew she was pretty good. Nobody answers the door when Lucy knocks. Instead Angela grabs the key from the mat, quickly unlocking the door then holding it open for Lucy.

Silently, the two women tiptoe across the apartment making sure to avoid the window and heading into Tamara's room. "Tam?" No reply. "She must not be home yet." Lucy says with a sigh of relief. "Have you got a text back?" The phone flashes on. No new notifications. "That's weird right?" Lucy's head nods in agreement. Since when had Tim ever missed her texts, well other than when he's watching a game. 

Her back straightens, maroon eyes focusing on the apartment. Keys sit on the counter, the bathroom fan buzzes and Tamara isn't home. Footsteps echo as the two girls walk around cautiously. Maybe they were wrong about this. Just as Lucy is about to decide she spots it. Sitting on the counter is a small box wrapped in a green ribbon, her favourite colour.

Not only her eyes lock onto it but Angela's too.  Their footsteps quicken as they rush toward the door, pushing their faces to the peep hole. "It's a fucking stripper." Angela's voice bursts out with a round of laughter. "Oh my god." Lucy's heads shaking with a grin.  "They did not." Tears escape from Angela's eyes as she laughs. Sounds spit out of their mouths but whether they are words or not it's incoherent through their giggles.

Once they regained their speech they rush to the table. "Who would send a stripper to follow two women who have been kidnapped before?!"
"Cops who have been kidnapped before" Lucy adds as she unties the bow from the little velvet box. Inside is a pair of dazzling earring's delicately placed on a slither of paper. "Happy early birthday, I invited some of your friends too." Lucy reads covering her smirk with her hand. "Don't have too much fun." She says reading the other side of the paper.

A giant sigh leaves her mouth followed by "Men." Laughter erupts again as they begin to plot their revenge.

Hi!! I hope you liked this one, it's a little silly. If you want a part 2 to see their revenge let me know!! As always, feel free to comment any requests or message me if you prefer! Hope you're having a great day. 💕