11

Emily

Jingling and bustling stirs me, and when my eyes open, everything is dim. Fear stabs at me, and I discomfort radiates through my skull. I can't see Pixel, and anxiety creeps in.

Where have they put him?

Pushing myself up to my feet, I wobble to the door and haul it open, only to stagger backward as purple eyes greet me. "You're up earlier than I thought. Terabyte will be pleased."

His cold fingers grip my upper arm before he hauls me after him down a darker hallway, and nausea hits me. What does this terabyte want with us?

"Where's Pixel? What have you done to him?" I seethe, yanking my arm back.

"Your little pet is waiting for you to join the party; don't worry, we haven't hurt him, much," he chuckles, and I stumble in tow.

Tears fill my eyes at the images of the state Pixel could be in, and dread swims in at the thought of our mission failing. I can't fight, and I don't have a clue where we are. If they've subdued Pixel, then our best bet is out the window.

I'm pushed through a door and catch myself to stop from tumbling to the floor. Clapping sounds around us, and there's a distinct groan near to me. A tall figure clad in red and black stands at the other end of the room which isn't that big, and glowing red eyes stare me down.

"Welcome girl. I've heard you've been trying to escape our little domain."

I hold my chin up defiantly. "I'm trying to go home. We want no trouble, so let us go and we'll be on our way—"

"I don't think so, girl," he spits, and takes a step closer. "You see, this Pixel has caused us some problems over the years and having you in the mix isn't boding well for us. The only way you can get out of here is either join my squad or be deleted."

Pixel weakly raises his head, and I can see his face has a few bruises lining it and his lip is split. My heart sinks at the apologetic hue on his features and how he can barely look at me. I want him to look at me, and I want to get us out of here, but the room is packed with people, and the only way out is the way I came in.

This Pixel?

My brows furrow, and slowly it dawns on me. That's how he's been doing all this with the hand portal, how he mystically saved me from the Virus. But he's just as human as I am. He's helped me, fell in love, and has taken care of me when the time's called for it. I don't care what he is because he's my Pixel.

"I-I'm sorry," he groans, trying to fight the hold on him.

Meeting his eye, I sport my best smile. "It's OK. . . we'll find a way."

He was never trapped in the phone; he was born in the phone. There isn't a possible way for him to leave. . . but the Data knew something.

"Can we leave the device?" I demand, and the crimson eyes brighten, but his fists show another reason.

"No. Now, give me your name, or I'll kill him," he growls, marching closer.

When I remain silent, he grips my jaw in a vice like grip, and I'm scared he's going to dislocate it.

"B-Blondie!" I cry, pain radiating through me. "My name's Blondie!"

The Terabyte releases me roughly and I can see the relieved smile on Pixel's face. Then it turns hard when the boss starts fiddling with his Reader, and he begins to thrash and yell, and I know this is my chance to run for it until I can find a way to get him back.

Smacking him square in the face, I bolt for the exit, only for that purple eyed asshole to wind me. Gasping for breath, I lean on his arm and do my best not to crumple. I'm assuming this one is the second in command by how composed he is. I whimper, hearing Pixel's cry of desperation as he battles a blue version of the male holding me securely.