My Rival (JeffBarcode)

Jeff and Barcode, two lovely boys, on two opposite sides of the world. Their rivalry started from the day Barcode first got into the university.

Another simple day in university, full of chaos. Barcode, the head of his class was just trying to do his job. But this troublesome senior always gets on his nerves and messes with him.

Jeff, a troublesome student and a bully is Barcode's senior, 3 years older than Barcode, the perfect student, everyone's idol, who's still a freshman.

It's almost the end of the year. And Jeff was about to graduate university but he never learnt his lesson. As Barcode walked towards his class, as always, he saw students getting thrown aback, by his known senior, Jeff.

"You have a pink water bottle? Huh! What a loser!" Jeff said as he grabbed the collar of a student and the student backed up, getting scared. The scene was happening right outside the university but no one stood up for the student, not even the teachers  which was sad to see.

Jeff's family had got connections and those connections got him out of everything. You could basically call him a rich, spoiled brat. Barcode was the only one who never was scared of him and as he said, will never be in the future. He always stood up even against the teachers to protect the students. Because he believed that as head of the class, his duty was to protect the students, from everyone. And even if that meant, getting expelled from school, he'll never run away from his duty.

Barcode walked forward to again fix the issues about Jeff and when the student saw him, he immediately hid himself behind Barcode. "So Phi Jeff, you're bullying poor students again?" Barcode sighed and gave a deep, scary stare to Jeff. But Jeff didn't get scared, even one bit. Why would he? He was getting exactly what he wanted.

"I think you should keep your nose out of my business, little kiddo." Jeff replied and tried to get back to that student but before he realised, the student already ran away.

"Shouldn't you be focusing on your studies? Head of the class?" Jeff asked and now grabbed Barcode's shirt's collar. But Barcode didn't even flinch when Jeff collected his fist together and attempted to punch him. All that was seen on Barcode's face was a slight smile because he knew Jeff won't punch him.

"I should be but there's an annoying senior stirring with my duty." Barcode whispered in a low voice near Jeff's ear and Jeff let him go after he felt goosebumps all around his body.

In a while, Jeff just smirked and walked out. Once again, he bullied students in front of the teachers and none of them said anything. Those victims never got justice, specially if the bully was Jeff.

Barcode also rolled his eyes and walked to his class. Once his classes finished and he came out of the classroom, he again met with the familiar sight of Jeff bullying another student. He really takes bullying as a fun activity while the student being bullied was on the verge of crying.

Jeff was playing with his bag and took his money out from the bag. He started playing with the money when the guy was trying to grab it, begging him to give it back and he was taking advantage of him being taller. Barcode again walked up and tiptoed to take the money out of Jeff's hand, handing it to the owner. The guy immediately ran away, knowing Barcode would save him.

Jeff got furious that his victim ran away for the second time today because of Barcode. "What the hell are you doing, huh? Can't you just mind your fucking business for once?" Jeff shouted and again grabbed the shirt collar with one hand and the tie with another, strangling Barcode.

"Phi Jeff!! What are you doing? I respect you as my senior but... this isn't it. You have no right to bully people." Barcode replied and gave Jeff a long stare. His eyes were pitiful and the spark in those eyes made Jeff's grip on his shirt loosen up to apart on it's own.

"Just go! Remember, this is the last warning. Do not put your nose in my business." Jeff said and began to walk away through the crowd that had formed around them.

"Phi Jeff! Come back! You can't do this! If you hate me poking through your wrong actions so much, why do you always stop midway when you try to hurt me?" Barcode yelled but Jeff was already too far away to hear him so Barcode decided to follow after him. In his way, he saw Jeff going through an unknown road. Even though Barcode hesitated at first if he should follow him or not, but his guts made him continue.

Jeff turned to a small path going to another unknown road and finally got to a car. He started to look around so Barcode hid behind the small path to avoid Jeff's gaze. Once Jeff ensured himself that no one else was there, he said something to someone in the driver seat, a quite old man, and got into the car. Barcode guessed the man on the driver seat was Jeff's father.

Since Jeff had already gotten into the car and Barcode hadn't brought his motorbike there, he had no choice but to leave the matter there.

The next day, all the same things happened. Whenever Barcode met Jeff, he was either bullying students or smoking. Both the things that Barcode totally despised.

After Code's classes ended, he as usual, again saw Jeff bullying another student when he came out the university. But this time, it had crossed the lines, he wasn't only bullying the guy but it was physical harassment. He was grabbing the guy's hand against his will. Barcode totally wasn't able to bear seeing this anymore. He went directly in between the two and and landed a slap on Jeff's cheeks, leaving him stunned.

After the hard slap, Jeff put his hand on his cheek, not being able to believe what just happened. "Did you just slap me? I'm your phi!" Jeff shouted as he released the guy's hand that he was forcefully grabbing.

"Yes, I don't care if you're my phi anymore, you're acts are just...." Barcode paused for a second and gave the word the most he got, "disgusting!" His stares were piercing through Jeff's insides. With that, Jeff's angry expression finally changed to a more human, realisation look. It was the first time Barcode saw a new look on his face aside from that stern, evil grint he had always seen.

With that look, Barcode thought that he finally got to make an impression on Jeff about wrong and right but he realised how over the board he was when Jeff's face then turned into a slight smirk and he spoke up, "That was the last warning I gave you." He smiled and immediately put a punch on a guy's face from the crowd around them.

"Should I do that to you?" He grabbed Barcode's collar once again but Barcode didn't even flinch. "Fine, go ahead. If that makes you stop harassing people..." Jeff again raised his hand and formed a fist but wasn't able to land his hand on Code. "Uggghh." He screamed and left running through the open space and once again Barcode followed him.

He followed him to his car and was met with a different sight this time. Jeff stood in front of his dad with his head down as his dad came forward and screamed at him about something. His dad grabbed his hair and pulled it with one hand and gave him a hard slap with the other. Barcode couldn't hear what was being said from the distance he was in but even with that much distance, he could clearly see the fingers of Jeff's dad form on Jeff's skin. He wasn't sure if he saw a tear but Jeff's face was soaked.

In a while, Barcode thought his dad calmed down but no, they went inside the car and Jeff's dad continued his scolding and physical abuse inside the car even though it wasn't clear what was going on.

That was the first time Barcode felt a glimpse of sympathy inside him for Jeff but that still couldn't make up for the shit he'd done already. Barcode thought about the scene all day. Because he was curious about what made Jeff's dad so angry but for the distance, he couldn't hear a single thing that came out from Jeff's dad's mouth.

The next day was a weekend. Barcode couldn't sleep properly because of thinking so much about the scene he saw. But his sleep got broken up by the door bell ringing. When he went up and opened the door while still rubbing his eyes, he realised the person that was standing in front of him. It was Jeff, standing there with an expressionless face as always.

To Be Continued.....