Hate to Love (JeffBarcode)

Barcode had become Jeff's support system with time. Though Barcode still couldn't fully trust him at the time. He was aware of what Jeff had been through and how bad of an effect it'd probably had on Jeff's mind.

He encouraged and supported Jeff the through everything. Not because he wanted anything out of this but because he truly believed that Jeff would change. He could see the sincerity in his eyes.

Barcode encouraged Jeff to move out of his home to escape the abuse, and Jeff did it. They faced challenges together, but their bond only grew stronger.

With the play of time, there was seen a big change in Jeff's behaviour. One day, Jeff showed up at Barcode's doorstep with a bouquet of flowers in hand. "Code. I know I messed up, but I'm trying to be better. Will you give me a chance?" Jeff asked, his eyes asking for forgiveness.

Barcode hesitated for a moment, but then smiled softly. "Of course, Phi. I see you're making an effort, and that means a lot," he replied, accepting the flowers.

As weeks passed, Jeff continued to show Barcode his sincerity. He helped out with Barcode's class responsibilities, listened to his problems, and even cooked him dinner one night.

"I never knew you could cook, Phi," Barcode teased, taking a bite of Jeff's homemade pasta.

Jeff smiled, feeling proud of himself. "Well, there's a lot you don't know about me, Code. I couldn't cook. But I learned, for you," he said, reaching for Barcode's hand across the table.

Barcode blushed, feeling a sparkle spread through him at Jeff's touch. "You're really trying, aren't you?" he said, his heart beating really fast.

Jeff nodded, squeezing Barcode's hand gently. "I am, Code. Because you mean everything to me," he confessed, his eyes filled with sincerity.

Barcode and Jeff's journey was one filled with challenges, but also with moments of deep connection and understanding. As Jeff continued to show his commitment to change, Barcode couldn't help but admire his determination.

One evening, as they sat together under the stars, Jeff opened up about his past struggles and the demons he had been battling for years. His voice shaking as he spoke, his vulnerability shining through in every word.

"I never told anyone this before, Code," Jeff said, his eyes fixed on the ground. "But growing up, my home was like a hell. After the death of my mom, everything got even harder. My father's words were like knives, and his hits were even sharper."

Barcode listened carefully,his heart breaking with each revelation. He reached out to take Jeff's hand, offering silent support and understanding.

"I never wanted to be like him, Code," Jeff continued, his voice barely audible. "But I was so lost, so consumed by my own pain that I didn't know how to break free."

Barcode felt a string of empathy wash over him as he looked into Jeff's eyes, seeing the depth of his suffering reflected back at him.

"You don't have to carry that burden alone, Phi," Barcode said softly, his voice filled reassurance. "I'm here for you, no matter what."

Tears collected up in Jeff's eyes as he felt the weight of Barcode's words sink in deep inside. For the first time in his life, he felt truly seen and accepted for who he was.

As they sat together in silence, the night air filled with the sound of their shared laughter and whispered confessions. In that moment, they knew that their bond was unbreakable.

Days turned into weeks, and weeks turned into months. Jeff and Barcode's relationship blossomed into something beautiful and profound, crossing the boundaries of friendship and turning into something deeper and more meaningful.

Jeff made a great effort to change his behavior, to become the best version of himself for Barcode's sake. He attended therapy sessions to address his past trauma and worked tirelessly to break free from the cycle of abuse that he had kept inside him for so long.

Barcode, in turn, supported Jeff every step of the way, offering words of encouragement and acts of kindness whenever he needed them the most. He was Jeff's guiding light in the dark.

As Jeff's graduation day approached, he couldn't shake the feeling of nervous anticipation that gripped him. He knew that this day marked the beginning of a new chapter in their lives, and he wanted everything to be perfect for Barcode.

On the day of the graduation ceremony, Jeff stood nervously in line with his classmates, his heart beating in his chest. He looked through the crowd anxiously, searching for the familiar face among the crowd.

And then, he saw him. Barcode stood at the back of the crowd, a proud smile on his face as he cheered Jeff on. Their eyes met across the crowded auditorium, and in that moment, Jeff knew that everything was going to be okay.

As they walked across the stage to receive their diplomas, Jeff felt a sense of pride wash over him. He had overcome so much to get to this point, and he knew that he owed it all to Barcode.

After the ceremony, Jeff made his way over to Barcode, his heart was racing with anticipation. He took Barcode's hand in his own and looked into his eyes, his voice filled with so many emotions.

"Code,.." Jeff pleaded, his voice shaking slightly as he took Barcode hand. "We've come a long way. From being rivals to now supporting each other through the steps of life. And I want to tell you that..." He stopped for a brief second, locking his eyes with Barcode's.
"I love you. I've loved you from the moment I met you, and I promise to leave loving you." Jeff continued.

Barcode's breath caught in his throat as he listened to Jeff's confession. Tears building up in his eyes as he reached out to cup Jeff's cheeky with his hand.

"I love you too, Phi," Barcode whispered, his voice barely audible above the little talks of the crowd.

And in that moment, filled by the warmth of their love and the excitement of the future that kept ahead, Jeff and Barcode marked their love with a tender kiss, a promise to stand by each other's side through thick and thin, in any circumstances.

As they walked hand in hand into the sunset, their hearts filled with hope and happiness, they knew that their love was a force to deal with, maybe that's just how it was supposed to be. 'The power of love is greater than the power of hate', this sentence is indeed very pleasant to hear. And this love continued, staying as an example of the very sentence.

The End.

Request by bloodvibes06