Rival or More? (JeffBarcode)

When Barcode opened the door, he saw Jeff standing there with an expressionless face but his body said it all. He had bruises all around his neck and hands. "C- code, can I come in?" He asked. His voice was completely broken. As Barcode's mind got filled with so many possibilities of what might had happened or what could happen if he let him in, his heart was craving to talk to him about this for a while.

Barcode nodded, standing aside and bringing his hand forward to let Jeff in. Jeff stepped inside the house and Barcode locked the door behind him. They both sat on the couch and Code spoke up, "What is it, phi? Why are you here at this hour? On a weekend?" Barcode asked in his calm voice.

After everything that Barcode had to endure from Jeff, he was still willing to listen to his explanation and help Jeff. That was the first time Jeff realised how good it was to actually have someone by his side even though he'd always been ignoring that support.

Jeff gulped when he attempted to lock eyes with Barcode in order to say the truth. "I- it's nothing. I just needed to talk to you about something." He claimed.

"Hmm? How do you know my address?" Barcode said with a voice a bit louder than usual. The panic in his voice was really obvious and understandable.

"I just know it." Jeff replied but his eyes said that he was definitely hiding something and Barcode understood the guess.

"So... What is it?" Barcode asked. He looked confused.

"I- I'm sorry. Sorry for everything I did. I'll stop bullying people." Jeff apologised. His eyes were roaming all around the room. From the little bed to the television to the small water bottle on the table in front. His hands were constantly fidgeting as well.

Barcode put his hand over Jeff's hand to stop him from fidgeting. "What's wrong, phi Jeff? You can tell me. Why did you decide to apologise all of a sudden?" He questioned Jeff. But Jeff was still panicking. It was as if he was trying his best to fight the urge to tell Barcode about what actually happened. But in the end, he gave up and decided to just reveal the true situation.

Jeff took a deep breath and started gathering courage to say what his heart wanted to Barcode. "Barcode, I like you." He said and silenced up.

"What? phi?" Barcode couldn't believe what was said. So he pretended not to hear. He grabbed Jeff's arm and shook it. "What are you saying, phi?" He asked.

"It's true. I like you." Jeff shouted out and stood up to leave but Barcode again grabbed his hand, making him sit back down.

"But... Since when phi?" Barcode spoke up. He had no idea what and how it came to this point but he really felt bad for Jeff. This vulnerable side of Jeff was something he never knew existed.

"Since basically the first day we met." Jeff replied and he could see how Barcode was in complete shock.

"Then... Why do you bully me? Shouldn't you be trying to make me like you?" Barcode tilted his head in confusion. He leaned forward and placed his hand on one of the bruises on Jeff's neck, "And what is this?" He asked.

"I... bully people to get your attention. When I bully someone, I know you'd come to protect the person and it gives me an excuse to get to talk to you." Jeff replied. His eyes went to look at his feet, not being able to lock eyes with Barcode. His fingers were playing with one another nonstop.

Barcode put his hand over Jeff's. "Phi, why would you do that? You know bullying people is wrong." Barcode remarked.

"Look at me, phi." Barcode requested and Jeff turned his face up to look at Barcode and his beautiful little eyes. He gulped, looking at the shine of those youthness in Code's eyes, something his eyes lost a long time ago. It's like he was getting hypnotized by those eyes.

"And what are those bruises, phi? I know you're hiding something." Barcode questioned, looking at the bruises on his body with concern.

"Those were done by my dad." Jeff replied while panicking with his hand trying to cover the wounds up.

"I know that. But why? Why did he hit you?" Barcode asked. His concern grew, turning into distress. Never did he ever think he'd be so concerned for someone he despised.

"I... didn't do well in my exams." Jeff replied, grabbing Barcode's attention over the stuff even more. Code ran his hand through his hair, getting up to walk a little and then sat back down.

"So he does that every time you don't do well in any exam?" Barcode asked and Jeff nodded as a yes. "But that's abuse, phi! You shouldn't let him do this to you!" Barcode shouted. He expected something like this to happen to Jeff as well. That's why he always contained himself from hating on people too much. Because you never know what goes on behind the curtains.

Jeff didn't reply to Barcode. He had been abused like this since he was young and he thought it was normal. But then he came to realise, it wasn't.

"Phi, do you think it's okay to hit people? It that why you bully other students?" Barcode stood up in surprise when he understood what the actual problem with Jeff was.

"I..." Jeff stopped midway. He was scared to face the truth. It was the first time he was so scared of something that he couldn't speak his mind anymore. He likes Barcode. He never wanted to show this side of him to Code. He tried his best to control himself but he couldn't. The pain had taken control all over him.

"Phi, what are you going to do about this?" Barcode asked and sat back down on the couch with his hand on his head, trying to think about a solution to this.

Jeff let out a deep sigh. "Do I need to do something about it?" He asked, playing clueless.

"Yes, you do, phi! This is abuse." Barcode's voice got louder as he got pretty frustrated by Jeff trying to play fool.

"But he's my dad!" Jeff yelled, getting Barcode to calm down. "So Phi, you won't do anything about it?" Barcode asked Jeff calmly. The concern was getting clearer in his body language and tone of speaking.

"I'll move out from there." Jeff replied, resulting in the sudden change of Barcode's expression. He let out a deep breath, a breath of relief. "So you won't live with him anymore?" Barcode asked.

Jeff shook his head. "I'm pretty independent now and I'm soon graduating university so there's no need for me to keep being a burden to him. What about you? I told you about my feelings. Aren't you gonna answer anything?" Jeff asked.

Jeff's sudden question brought a slight redness to Barcode's face. But he tried to hide the blush by putting on serious face. "I... don't know if I can trust you yet, phi. You've bullied people. It's not something a good person does to get their crush's attention." Barcode replied with a stern face. Even though he was totally flustered inside after someone confessing their crush over him for the first time ever.

"I just wanted my actions to take some space in your mind even if in a bad way." Jeff said and smiled. His smile and expression, a mix of happiness and sadness.

"Hmm! Cheesy!" Barcode said and hit Jeff's hand, mocking him.

"So what do you want me to do then to make you trust me?" Jeff asked, his slight smile not leaving his face as he brought himself closer to Barcode, sitting right next to him on the couch.

"You have to show me that I can trust you. How? I think that's a you problem." Code replied in a flirty manner and back up a step from Jeff, leaving him speechless for a moment.

Jeff tilted his head, "Playing hard to get? Fine! Challenge accepted." He replied, his smile got wider.

To Be Continued.....