Day Two

The sun had made its way back into my room, and it lit up the darkness that I remember wallowing in last night only this time I wasn't alone. I felt one of his arms wrapped around my waist.. the other I was laying on... my head was resting on his bicep. I could feel his breath hitting the back of my neck, my phone was resting on the nightstand I slowly reached for it trying not to wake James up. I checked the time it was 8:37am, a check in with his Lawyer was in an hour and a half... I've gotta get up fuck.

I slowly turned over to face him.. he looked so peaceful sleeping, so happy, his mind for once at ease with himself while he sleeps.

"James... you need to wake up." I was softly caressing his cheek he had some stubble growing which disrupted his smooth soft complexion.

He slowly opened his sleepy eyes.. his blue eyes looked even better in the morning sunlight that was illuminating his face from the large windows of the bedroom. He brought his hand from my waist... trailing it up to my shoulder across my arm and onto my hand that was caressing his face, his rough hands against my skin made me shudder very slightly.

"Are you okay? You were crying." I rested my forehead against his.. closing my eyes.

"As long as you stay with me I'll be okay." The therapist inside of me was screaming, he's your fucking patient what are you doing! But the broken hearted girl that was inside of me was falling in love with James. And nothing was going to stop her from doing so. We laid there silent. For minutes until I finally decided to speak up,

"Your Lawyer will be here soon... we have to get ready." I opened my eyes he was staring at me..

"Are you sure you want to move?" Apart of my heart didn't but I have a job to do.

"I have to shower, and we both need to change." I laughed slightly which earned me a smile from him.

"I don't want to leave and the next time I see you.. you've scrubbed your skin raw Alexandria." He must have noticed that from the last time my rapes were mentioned. But I dont feel anxious anymore, this time I brought but my hands up to cup his face in my small hands.

"I promise you won't see that." He smiled and he sat up and watched me as he left my bed and my room to go back to his. I laid staring up at the ceiling smiling, it's time to get up.

This was the first shower I had taken in a long time where I hadn't spent hours scrubbing my skin in hope of taking any impurity off of it, the first shower I didn't spend the first fifteen minutes crying and watching as my tears blended with the droplets of the shower pouring over me. The first shower that felt like I actually was clean, I had decided to just slightly blow dry my hair and then put in a slick back bun. Outfit was basic... leggings fluffy socks and an oversized loose green sweater along with my gold jewelry and glasses. Whenever I get ready I've noticed I talk to myself like someone is watching me which is odd but it's therapeutic so therefore I'm going to keep doing it. I pondered putting on make up but I don't think I need to, after all it's just a check in to monitor James's progress. After delegating on the subject I settled for light concealer to hide my genetic dark circles.. some cream blush and of course brows and mascara because it makes me feel confident. I stared in a the mirror after I had finished... I'm proud of myself. And I think that not only is this experiment going to help James but it'll help me.

When I finished getting ready it was 9:25am which meant I had some time to set up, James was still in his room I'm guessing going through some meditation which we discovered helped him with managing his alters. I decided to make a coffee and set out some snacks which were pretty basic, along with my notes and files on James. And before I knew it Lisa was knocking on the door. Opening the door Lisa was dressed nice but I could tell she had the same approach to this as I did casual and comfortable but remaining professional... which I haven't been... I was sleeping in bed and making out with her client but that is not gonna come up in this meeting.

"I hope I'm not under dressed! I didn't know if we were keeping him work attire or not since this isn't too big of a deal." I chuckled and ushered in to the living room where I had everything set up,

"No of course not! After all it's just an informal check in to see his progress, and I think it's going to be beneficial for him and the jury." She smiled and took a seat,

"So has any of his alters made an appearance since starting to stay here? If he's had a potential switch it's fine as long as he's remained in control."

"He did have one potential switch but was able to stay in control, we did a couple of exercises to calm him down he was triggered by the new environment." I watched as she jotted notes down in her notebook, and I couldn't help but remember yesterday.. the way he held me.. the way our lips moved together perfectly.

"Is James a sleep or doing a form of therapy?"

"Uhh I believe he's doing his meditation therapy, I just got done setting up he's been in his room." She noted that as well.

"James are you there! It's Lisa Havens are you willing to come talk?" She hollered down the hall which not sure was the best idea but he she was coming.

The door opened and he walked out he was also dressed casually, wearing a pair of black sweat pants along with a baggy white t-shirt he had taken time to fix his hair, pushing it back as he walked down the hall with one of his hands in his pants pocket. My god I'm losing it, he walked into the living room and sat down next to me crossing his arms across his chest.

"How are you doing James?" Lisa looked at him immediately as he sat down,

"I'm doing alright, no switching... lots of progressive therapy taking my meds." I know he hates taking meds to help his health but it has been helping with being able to manage his alters.

"That's good how's been living with your psychiatrist?" He chuckled and looked at me, I'm just trying to stay focused on Lisa.

"It's great she's here when I need her and it's nice to have someone, that wants to help you." My god that can be taken in such a different way,

"Alexandria Voise is a nice person.. she sees the best in people." I smiled at Lisa's remark, I've noticed how much she has been complimenting me which it's nice makes me feel appreciated.

"She is an amazing person.. no one deserves more than she does... she's.. an Angel." Lisa smiled and wrote more down in her notebook, my heart was pounding I bet James could hear it next to me.

"Alrighty I think that completes the first check in I will see yall tomorrow at noon." I smiled and waved goodbye to her as she left.

"That went well." I turned to look at James,

"James if people find out what I did... my license will be revoked... and worse." He turned to me and took my hands into his,

"No one will find out, what I said about you is the truth.. you are that person. You keep me here Lexie, no one has ever cared about me as much as you do." I looked down at my hands in his... I want to be with James but me being his psychiatrist puts us at a disadvantage.

"Alexandria Voise I love you." The three words. Three words that mean everything to me. But yet they're the most terrifying words that could've been spoken to me, and they fill my soul with dread and happiness at the same time.