Chapter Seven: Ren

"You know how antisocial I am." I grumbled, shrugging on my usual black zip up jacket and fidgeting with the military dog tag that my father gave to me, "Why do you insist on getting dinner at the town square?"

"It's because you're antisocial that I'm taking you down there." Luka explained to me as he pulled a red t-shirt over his bare chest. I crossed my arms and then leaned against the door frame, letting out a sigh. "Maybe you can make a few new friends by the time that we get down there, you know."

"In your dreams." I slid my hood over my blue and black hair.

"Oh, come on. You'll be fine." Luka grinned and nudged my side, "Come on, Sniper. I know that you're hungry, and if you're not, well I sure as heck am. In fact," He donned a French accent as he said, "I'm famished."

"Alright, okay, okay." I laughed, shoving Luka's shoulder as we walked out the cabin door, "I'll go. You don't have to threaten me with your horrible French accent."

"You wound me, Mademoiselle." Luka laughed as I shoved him again. "In all seriousness though, what do you wanna go eat? Are you feeling spicy, plain, sweet, salty?"

"Oh, definitely not spicy." I shook my head, "My tongue can't handle it."

"Fair enough, even though you're missing out." Luka mockingly pouted before he looked over at me and laced his hands behind his head, avoiding a root in the path that we were walking to go down to the village. I looked over at the sky to see that the sun was slowly setting, and night was falling over the land.

"Just wanna go in there, get food, and then get out."I wrapped my fingerless, black leather gloves around my hands.

"Why do you look like you're going on a spy mission? I thought we agreed on casual." Luka teased me.

"I always dress like a spy on casual times, leave me alone." I smirked.

"I always love that look on you."Luka smiled at me as he said softly, "Of course, you look great in anything, Sniper. That goes without saying."

"Thanks." I responded, but I took in his casual flirting. This has been going on for quite a while, the both of us talking to each other as if we were more than friends. In a way, we were. We were best friends, who have seen each other through their highs and lows, who have stumbled through darkness together, who have done mostly everything together.

"Well, what do you want?" Luka asked me after a while of silence between us. "That narrows it down to salty, sweet, or plain. And please don't tell me you're going for plain. I know you're boring, but that's on a whole different level."

"If boring is what gets me to beat you every single time in fight matches, then hey, I'm all for being boring." I said, tossing a grin over my shoulder and quickening my pace before Luka caught up to kill me for that comment.

"I hate youuuu." Luka called after me.

"Touche." I replied, but then stopped walking when I saw the village in front of me. I walked back and then turned so that I was behind Luka. Luka raised an eyebrow at me and then chuckled, a hint of teasing behind it as always.

"Aww, are you hiding behind me?"

"I don't like people." I muttered underneath my breath, "Except my family and you."

The reason I didn't like people that much was because... no one helped me when I was struggling with my abusive parents. No one came up to me and asked me if everything was okay. People noticed my bruises, my scars, but no one came to ask. I was antisocial enough because of my frozen heart and the way I was raised, but people not being there for me... it didn't help my social case.