Phase One

Collision

イントロアーク

~

野菜

~

↪Satoru started to come over more often.

Tomoha made it her life's mission to start keeping a closer eye on us, but we always ditched her and made her spend about an hour looking for us. Of course she told on us, and Kishigawa started accompanying us everywhere as well.

"You look like a rotten zucchini."

Soon, Kishigawa and Satoru couldn't get enough of each other. Now, it was expected. Satoru literally respected no one. But I mean, who knew Kishigawa was so petty?

"Cauliflower-haired brat-"

"Ugly green bean-"

"You're both gross vegetables, get over yourselves." I dead-panned.

Summer faded and Winter came faster than I expected. Toji hadn't visited in a while, but this seemed to be the day he would.

Kishigawa was irking as Satoru casually insulted him while braiding my hair.

"I mean, imagine being apart of a high-ranked family and it's your job to tail around some kids." Satoru said, pushing my bangs out of the way as he tilted my head to study the angle. "Tsk. You must be preeeeeetty useless."

"Ruji." Kishigawa sighed. "I know he's your only friend. But you might not have any at this rate."

I gasped with offense as I wrapped my arms around Satoru's neck and squished his face against mine.

"You can't take Satoru away!" I whined. "No one comes up with better insults than him!"

"Is that seriously the only reason you like me?" He sweat-dropped.

"Figures." Kishigawa muttered. "You've always liked the ones with attitude."

"Failed sorcerer." Satoru smirked.

"You little-"

"Ruji?! Where ya at?!"

I gasped with joy as I let Satoru go and sprinted out of the room.

The Yurihatsu safe-house was pretty big, but my rooms were the closest to the front door in case of an emergency and I needed to escape. Aunt Huri was coming down the same hall as me, facing me as I charged for the front door.

"Ruji, you'll fall." Huri warned, also heading towards the foyer.

She'd been a lot nicer as of recently, and it was my bet that she got laid or something, because she wasn't as cranky. But I did ignore her warning as I turned the corner with a bright smile.

"Toji-!"

As she predicted, I tripped on a potted plant and nearly face-planted before strong arms scooped me up and set me back on my feet.

"Hiiii!" I said happily. "Guess what?! I started training!"

Toji's eyebrows rose as he crouched slightly to be more at eye-level with me,

"Is that so?"

Rota had let him in accompanied with Takushi Gojo, Satoru's father, and was watching us with amusement.

I supposed Toji had returned to the Zen'in before to have met Satoru, but since I'm alive and here interfering with things, this'll change the meeting.