020. | ARE YOU DRUNK?

Friday, May 3rd

Friday, May 3rd.

Aliana pushed open the door to her best friend's bar, a wave of warmth greeted her, mingling with the lively buzz of conversation and the all too familiar scent of alcohol. Laughter echoed from every corner, filling the space with a sense of festivity. The bar was packed, maybe even a bit more than usual—it was Friday night, after all—but it wasn't suffocating.

She scanned the room and quickly spotted her best friend behind the counter, expertly mixing drinks. With a smile, Aliana wove through the crowd, her pace quickening as she headed toward the bar.

"Hey Em, could you put on the race?" Aliana called out to her best friend, Emelie, as she dropped her purse onto the bar and then slid onto a stool.

Emelie, who was mixing a cocktail, turned to her with a slightly puzzled expression. "The what?" she asked, nudging a drink towards Aliana.

"The sprint race," Aliana replied, taking a sip from the drink without hesitation. "The Formula One sprint race. Qualifying in Miami today?"

Emelie's brows furrowed as she looked back at Aliana, her confusion deepening. "Since when do you watch Formula One?" she asked, cocking her head to the side. She had known Aliana for years, and racing recently had never been part of the equation.

Aliana shrugged nonchalantly, a hint of a smirk on her lips. "Well, now that I'm friends with millionaire racing drivers, I figure I should at least check out their races, right?" she said with a playful wink.

Emelie let out a loud laugh, the kind that turned heads. "Girl, you are so whipped!" she exclaimed, raising an eyebrow.

Aliana groaned, rolling her eyes dramatically. "Why does everyone keep saying that?" she said, pouting like a child. "It's not true."

Emelie chuckled as she grabbed the remote and flicked on the TV, the screen flashing to life with the Formula One broadcast. "It might not be true to you, but you're clearly blinded by love. This is classic WAG behaviour. I've never seen you show any interest in F1 before."