022. | STOP AND STARE

 I highly suggest listening some cigarettes after sex songs, that's what I did for three hours while writing this chapter (:

writing this chapter (:

Sunday, May 5th

"Hi." Aliana spoke through the phone.

"Hi, Aliana." Lando replied, his voice warm and comforting. It carried a mix of happiness and calmness, with a hint of pride tucked in.

There was a moment of quiet, something that often happened when they spoke on the phone. It was a comfortable silence, not awkward, but like they were both listening to each other's breath.

Then Aliana spoke, her words coming quickly, "I'm sorry for not calling you back earlier. I was busy, but I've got time now. What's up? You usually never call without texting first." She quoted George from their conversation before, she wasn't sure what else to say to Lando.

"You're fine, it's okay, Ali." He replied, his voice reassuring and kind. "I just wanted to talk to you, that's all. I'm sorry for not texting you first, you could've been busy indeed."

She paused, feeling a gentle warmth in her heart. "Oh, okay. It's fine."

Did anything interesting happen at work today?" She asked, a playful tone in her voice hinting at what she already knew.

After a small moment of quiet, he responded. "No, not really I suppose." He answered, and she felt her heart collapse. Maybe she expected more, but she couldn't be upset with him for not wanting to tell her. No matter how much she wanted him to, she understood.

"Oh, okay. That's good." She said, trying to sound cheerful, even though it came out a bit flat.

The line went quiet again, and he asked, "How's that good?"

Aliana smiled, even though he couldn't see it. "Because normal days are good. If nothing happened, it means it wasn't a bad day, and that's something to be happy about." She spoke with a soft ramble, her words gentle but thoughtful.