06 | Breathe

VALENTINA

I open my eyes and immediately close them, the sun was directly shining infront of my face. I groan and shift in my body but it only intensifies the pain coursing through it.

"Shh" he cooed, "rest" he caresses my hair gently as if I was made of glass, As soon as I'm about to fall back asleep, the iron gates open.

My body was to worn-out and I just lay there, I groan as I try to hold my body from falling again. He helps me wrapping an arm around my waist and leans my head against the cold concrete wall.

The sound of stomping was getting nearer and nearer, I couldn't take another beating because last night they raped me and I let it happen and I couldn't fight back. "Hey, hey look at me" he softly speaks cupping my face in his hands, tears start to form in my eyes, "it wasn't your fault, I'm here for you." He mumbled as he hugged me close to his body.

His body gave me the comfort I had yearned for so long but was never able to get. Even though it was freezing cold as it was winter, hugging him the warmth from his body was radiating onto me.

The sound of metal banging against the walks was sounded across the room.

I buried my self in his chest trying to hide myself from their eyes and in no time the sound of men laughing was heard, a hand pulled me by my hair taking me from the only source of comfort I had, I screamed at he guard who was holding my hair, dragging me to the corner of the room as if I was a piece of trash.

"Please, Please let me go" I pleaded with tears in my eyes,"look what we have here the princess is plaeding" A guy laughed as he yanked my hair back again and the other guards where laughing looking at me and some snickering.

"LET HER GO YOU BASTARTDS!!!" He yelled at the guards and all I could was watch him struggling to get out of the guard who was holding him back. We didn't have enough energy at all, the last time I ate was 2 weeks ago and I think I forgot how food tasted.

"Hurt me not her,HURT ME!!" He shouted and this time all the laughing stopped and the guard who was holding my hair let me go and kicked me in the gut and I slammed into the wall behind me.

"Boys" he announced to the other guards,"This piece of shit likes the princess so why don't we try the new technique on her" this time he looked  into my eyes and directly into my soul. I whimper at the sound of his voice. And as I was about to curl up into a ball something hit me on my head, hard and the next thing I knew I passe out.

When I wale up I was tied to a chair, "Hello anyone please, please hello!!" I spoke out for the first time in a trembling voice loud enough for someone to hear.

Suddenly a light flashed before me and there he bruised, bloodied and with stab wounds. I gasped, he was almost like he was dead.

"Please wake up, love. Please no God, no, no, no"  I sobbed as I struggled trying to get out and surprisingly the the straps on my wrist loosened and i jumped out to him.