Chapter 4

Adhyansh's POV

As the sun rises over the sprawling metropolis, casting it's golden hues upon the towering skyscrapers of Rathore Enterprises, I am already ensconced within the confines of my office, a bastion of power and authority amidst the sea of bustling activities below. The world outside may still be awakening, but within these walls, the constant pursuit of success never sleeps.

Dressed in a tailored attire befitting my role as CEO, I sit at my desk, the polished mahogany gleaming beneath the soft glow of the morning light. I delve into the mountains of e-mails and reports that overflowed my inbox, my thoughts broke hearing a knock on my office door.

"Come in" I said in my usual professional and cold voice.

"Good morning my dearest Boss" said one of the most annoying voice of the planet.

I replied to his greetings with a nod and asked him about today's schedule.

"Uh huh first give a nice reply to my sweet greetings with a smile." he demanded with a huge grin.

I passed him a hard glare.

"Okay okay, I will take it as a reply " he said and raise his hands in surrender. Without telling about today's schedule he flopped on my office couch.

"Mr. Neil Malhotra, I don't think this company pays you to rest here" I said to him with warning visible in my voice.

"Oh hello Mr. Workaholic, I am not taking any rest, and even if I do what's wrong in it, how I thought that if I work in my bestfriend's company then I will get some relax time and vacations, but look here because of you I spent whole yesterday night preparing for today's meetings. I don't know about you but I am a for sure a human being and I need some sleep and rest. Why do we need to get here this early in morning? I didn't even get to close my eyes the entire night ... Aah why me?" Neil, my dramatic Assistant, one and only friend ( best friend) said with his all the time irritating whining voice. This is his daily drama so now I don't get affected at all. So ignoring his all whines.

"Today's schedule" I demanded seriously with no interest in his last night struggle.

"Sure Boss, first we are having a meeting with Mr. Patel of Patel industries in half an hour then a meeting with marketing department after some more meetings and hmmm that's it for today." He replied after silencing his dramatic self.

"And yes I was asking if I could get a leave -" I cut off his sentence with my words.

"Get my coffee and show me the presentation for fist meeting, Mr. Malhotra."

"Sure, Sir" he said sweetly with honey dripping voice before getting out of my office.

I return my focus to the emails and report, and started reviewing everything.

After a few minutes, Neil return with my strong black coffee and some files, and return back to his cabin.

With a steaming cup of coffee in my hand, I completed reviewing the files and glance at clock to find its almost time for the meeting, Neil came to my office, I asked him about meeting preparation.

"Everything's ready Boss, Mr. Patel is waiting in the boardroom." he replied

I took my blazer off the chair and wore it before going out of office to the boardroom.

Mr. Patel, awaits my arrival in the sleek confines of the boardroom, his demeanor a mix of deference and determination.

"Good morning, Mr. Rathore." he greets me with a respectful nod, his voice tinged with a hint of apprehension.

"Morning, Mr. Patel" I reply curtly, wasting no time on pleasantries.

"Let's get down to the business. Start the meeting." I said