three

・。

.・。.・゜✭・.

"Lucien how many times have I told you, don't try and take your eye out during dinner," Elina sighed, gently grasping the Autumn male's arm and pushing it down away from his face, his fingers flexed, a heavy sigh falling from his lips.

"Well I wouldn't feel the urge too if we could take these masks off," Lucien said, his voice harsher than intended and Feyre's gaze snapped up to him, curiously tilting her head as she looked at the three fae.

"Why don't you wear a mask?" She asked Elina, the pink haired girl took a deep drink from her goblet before looking at Feyre. The mortal was a force to be reckoned with, despite the years of hunger, of bitter cold and neglect in the woods, she was fierce, some sort of storm trapped within flesh and bone it writhed in her grey eyes. It caught Elina off guard, how hypnotic the girls eyes were.

"I did not attend the ball where the blight occurred," The fae explained, glancing at Tamlin who nodded shortly, she hated lying to the girl, but it was the only way. "As I told you earlier, I do not hail from this court, I was at home when it happened," Feyre didn't seem satisfied with the answer, her fingers twitching.

"But you have taken up residence here now," Feyre pressed, eyes darting from Elina to Tamlin, almost daring the High Lord to stop her from questioning the sweet rose haired girl who had shrank back slightly in her seat.

"My Court..." Elina said slowly, tongue darting along her bottom lip, "My Court was effected by the blight after, my home destroyed, Tamlin offered me a place here and I accepted," Feyre nodded, seemingly satisfied as she fell back into silence, her eyes fixed upon her lap once again, withdrawing from the dining room. Lucien reached out, grasping Elina's hand and squeezing it while Tamlin stared at Elina, something dark buried in those forest green eyes, his claws sprang free for just a moment before retracting. Dizziness swept over the pink haired fae and she abruptly stood, hand falling from Lucien's.

"I think I'm going to retire for the evening," She said, nibbling down on her bottom lip, "Good night," She left the dining room and fled up the staircase before anyone could respond. Once in her room Elina sank down onto her bed, a heavy sigh falling from her lips as she glanced at herself in the mirror. Her cheeks were sunken, heavy set circles veiled violet draped below her eyes, even the flowers in her hair were beginning to wilt. A knock sounded from her door, prompting the girl to stand up, taking a deep breath.

"Lucien I'm fine..." But it was not Lucien who stood before her, instead it was Tamlin, who brushed past the girl and entered her room, his expression far from pleasant.

"She trusts you," He said lowly.

"What..." Elina didn't get to finish as Tamlin cut her off.

"Feyre," He snapped, glowering at the girl, "She trusts you, talks to you," He said.

"She hardly knows me..." Elina argued lightly, glancing between Tamlin and her open door, eyes wide.

"You have no business telling her anything," Tamlin roared, his claws ripping free, Elina stumbled back, terror struck, her back colliding with her vanity as Tamlin took a long stride towards her. "While your need to befriend every living thing endearing at times, this is not one of those moments, Elina, I need her," He growled, Elina trembled, gripping the table so harshly her fingers ached.