chapter 14

Sam was out of breath cold and wet. It's like he lost consciousness. The last thing he remembered is Colby sleeping and he got up and walked out the door. Now he's soaking wet, freezing cold while it's pouring rain feeling like something is following him. He looked around his surroundings and realized he was completely lost. 

He tried screaming but nothing. He started crying feeling lost and alone he sat by a tree he felt dizzy. Next thing he knew he was hiring over and vomiting into the bush next to him. He was starving and thirsty. It had to have been longer than just a few hours he was out here.

He started looking around for stuff to defend himself; he ended up being able to make a fire to arm up and see in the dork light. He noticed how skinny he looked when he saw his body in the light. He swore he saw eyes looking at him but when he snapped his head to look over he saw nothing. 

He got on his hands and knees foraging for food and water. He found where the river was and saw an old jar in the ground. He picked it up and washed it in the river. He scooped up some water then took it back to his fire and boiled it. 

After the water sat for a few hours and cooled due to it being freezing in the forest he drank it starting to feel better. He still felt like something was watching him. He started looking for food and found a wild strawberry bush, he started harvesting some and checked for bugs.

He was able to find 10 very small berries that were healthy and ate them. He was still very hungry but it was better than befor. He put out his fire and crawled underneath a dead tree so he could sleep.

Back at home Colby was sitting in front of a camrea.  He was trying not to cry and Jake was sitting in the same room out of frame just in case Colby needed comfort while recording this video.  Colby fidgeted with his hand looking at the ground before looking at the camrea.

“Many of you have been asking why I never posted the two weeks at the conjuring series.” He started off then sniffed. 

“And why do I have a new tattoo that says 02-05-2024 you have also been wondering why Sam has not been in videos.” A few tears rolled down his cheeks. 

“The truth is, sams not sick. He's missing..” He started crying more. “The date on my arm is the day he went missing, i'm hoping that one day i'll have the date he returns under it..” He took a minute to cry and Jake hugged him for a while. 

Soon Colby started to talk again. “It's been a full month already..” He whipped his face.

“Sam and I had gone to sleep and when we looked at the cameras Sam seemed possessed or something. He just walked out of the house  and into the woods. I searched for him for days. They had to force me to go home and he's still out there and I just left him behind!” HE started breaking out in sobas again.

Jake immediately hugged Colby again and they stayed there for a long time and turned off the camera. Jake was crying a bit too. Colby sat up and looked Jake in the eyes.

“I need to tell you something and you cannot tell a soul.” Colby said, wiping tears from his face.

“I'm all ears.” Jake said.

“I.. oh god this is hard to admit.. I've had a crush on sam..” Jake blurted and looked at Jake whose gaze softened. 

“I know.. And I'm perfectly okay with that man, love whoever you want to.” Jake smiled and Colby hugged him again. 

Jake hugged back and they posted the footage raw.