Chapter 2: Mr. Arrogant

"Women scheme when they are weak, they lie out of fear. Men scheme when they are strong, they lie out of arrogance." ― Julian Barnes

Unedited

[Yvonne's POV]

Oh God, not him! I don't care if he's Hades reincarnation, with his piercing gray eyes that could penetrate deep within your souls, his perfect angular face that is like curved by a legendary sculptor, his stubborn nose, and his lips with a smirked curved on its side. He is like a devil, looking at me, ready to take my breath away.

No. Don't show you're intimidated Yvonne. You have encountered and mingled with some of their kinds and you have not intimidated yet. Not to him! I kept telling myself as I tried to relax myself and act calmly, ignoring that odd, but pleasant feeling of seeing him again.

I instilled in my head our unpleasant encounter, calling me a bad mom, not that I am already mother, but I didn't bother to rectify it, and calling Nico a rude boy is not something that I can accept, knowing it was his niece who's at fault.

I can feel his eyes on me, but I tried hard not to be affected. I push the button on the milk machine, a measure of teaspoon on the medium cup and poured a black coffee until a good half inch before the rim of the cup and I covered it with the lid and handed it to him.

He took the cup with my hand, brushing his hand on mine. An excitement stirred within me with just a short touch.

"I didn't expect to see you here, Ms. Yvonne." he smiled flirtatiously. I squirmed inwardly. He was totally different from the first time I met him.

He was cold and arrogant, now he is flirty!

He thinks he could get me with his charm? Think again!

"Have a good day Mr-"

"Demetrio Pallos." he smiled broadly as he carefully made a sip on his coffee. I just shrugged my shoulder and looked on Cassie, who's now busy attending another customer.

"I'll wait for my donut at my table." he winked before he left and walked to the table at one corner.

There's like 2 people in the cafe plus the lady Cassie was attending, if she stays.

Its 10 in the morning and usually it wasn't busy. People by this time are at work. I made the lady's coffee and soon she was walking out the door.

Then, I remember the donut. I wanted to ask Cassie to give the donut, but I was the runner today and I'm new. It's not a good impression if I'm ordering them, while I'm just building my work reputation.

"What donut did that ugly creature ordered, Cassie?" I asked Cassie shortly. She looked at me in confusion with her forehead furrowing.

"Oh, that ugly guy over there!" I said, pointing to the arrogant Demetrio as he called himself.

"Do you mean that handsome guy? Do you have problem with your eyesight, Yvonne?" Cassie blurted out incredulously, with her mouth hanging open. "He's an epitome of a Greek God!" she said, with exaggeration, not believing I just called him an 'ugly creature'.

I rolled my eyes. "Whatever. What is his order?" I asked again, impatiently. I want this to be done with, and he can get the hell out of here.

"S'mores." she replied nonchalantly. "Isn't he gorgeous? He is like Zeus who just descended from Mount Olympus.." she mused dreamily as she clasp her hands on her chest and stared at his direction.

"Yeah, whatever!" I exclaimed in disbelief as I rolled my eyes.

I walked to the donut station and pick a s'mores and put it on a small plate and headed to his table.