Chapter 27: The Finding of Justice

"Right is right, even if everyone is against it, and wrong is wrong, even if everyone is for it." - William Penn

Unedited

I woke up with the incessant ringing of a phone. I shifted to the side with my eyes shut and stretch my hand to reach Demetrio and ask him to answer him damn phone, but his spot is empty. I snapped my eyes open and lazily search for the phone, with my forehead puckered forming a crease line.

I saw the box of the latest Iphone and the phone ringing was on the other side of the box. It looks very new. I grab it and check who's calling. I saw Demetrio's name blinking on the screen.

I answered the phone with a confused look.

"Hello." I began as soon as it connected, as I stifled a yawn. I lay back on the bed after glancing on the clock. It's already nine in the morning.

"Hi moro. Did you had a good sleep?" he asked in his sweet voice. It still surprised me how sweet he is, opposite his brooding looks often. The irony.

"Yes. Where are you?" I asked missing him already. I pulled his pillow and I used it as I tried to sniff his scent left on the pillow.

"In a meeting." he replied shortly and briefly. I hear some rambling and some odd noises on the background, but I ignored it.

"Oh. What time you're going back here?" I asked, not hiding my sudden sadness.

"Soon, moro. I'll just wrapped up things here and I'll be on my way. I just called to know if how do you like your new phone? Now you can call anywhere and anytime your family. It's all set up." he explained cheerfully.

"It's too fancy. I don't need this. You've done a lot for me already Demi." I replied. I don't want to take advantages of his kindness.

"Oh yes, you need it moro. And, I want you to take that with you all the time and make it sure it's always on. It will make me feel at peace if I have to leave you, unless you want a babysitter?" he teased, then he chuckled heartily.

"No, thanks!" I snapped softly.

"I'll call you back, moro mou. We will have lunch together." he promised before he ended the line.

I sprawled on the bed for a few more minutes looking on the ceiling, contemplating on all the things that happened to my life for few months. It happened too fast.

Few months ago, I was just an ordinary girl who struggled to keep up with our bills and our food. But, now I'm engaged to one of the most influential person in the world.

I felt like I am still dreaming. Two days ago, I was miserable. I was frightened I have to raise my baby alone. But, now I'm overwhelmingly happy. I'm going to be Mrs. Pallos.

God, if this is a dream, let me sleep forever.

I was smiling like a fool, still shocked with the changes in my life. It was like a whirlwind romance.

I heaved a contented sighed and decided to have a shower and maybe go for a walk. I was inside the penthouse for the whole thirty-six hours and I'm slowly losing my sanity.

I need some fresh air.

Besides I feel better now rather exuberant.

I got off the bed and made my way to the washroom with a spring under my sole. Smiling like a idiot, I started undressing. I tossed all my dirty clothes to the chair on one corner and walk to the shower. Turning the water on, I climbed into the shower, and waited until the water is warm enough. As soon as it reach the temperature that I want, I turn the shower head on and stepped in under the nuzzle.