CHAPTER 26√

Elijah Castwood

ONE WEEK LATER...

Elijah was in pain, breathing wasn't so difficult anymore,and his body was so tired,so numb. He hated it but then he knew it was alright and even though he could probably heal himself even in his unconscious state,he didn't want to. It was moments like these that,after all, reminded him that he wasn't incapable of pain.

Visions entered his mind then as he summonsed his most hateful talent,seeing into the future. However,the images he saw, were not what he expected, nor asked for.

A girl, 5 years old with beautiful hazel blue eyes and long brown hair giggled around with 6 other children. To her right sat a boy,also bright blue eyes and blonde fluffy hair, to his right a boy with yellowed blue eyes also blonde sat and to his right a girl with hazel eyes and auburn hair sat,then another boy who was smiling a barely there smile with oddly beautiful violet eyes and black hair,another boy who looked older,perhaps,8/9 with hazel green eyes and brown hair, and lastly one with warm brown eyes and blonde shaggy hair. They were eating chips together while the two older boys told stories of unimaginable adventures.

Then he saw the same group,but older,smiling and laughing the girl with hazel blue eyes was holding a large snake around her shoulder and the other kids were frightened by how unfazed she was and was actually conversing with the animal.

Elijah reached out to the world, begging it to tell him if he had actually accomplished what he set out to,if he did the right thing,or even changed just a little bit of the horrible fate. No such vision appeared before him and in his mind,frustration wrapped around him. He watched the visions of the children again and again instead,to calm himself.

He found himself calming as he did,marvelling at how adorable they all were and how much they resembled Donovan and himself.

Moments later his eyes fluttered then only for him to be met with darkness,the only light being from the open window. He turned to it with a groan and saw the shadow of a man he could never forget.