14

The next day...

Merodi wakes up in a rush to hear loud noises in the kitchen. She runs to the kitchen to be completely shocked to what she see's. 

"Good morning mistress." In a rather sarcastic tone. 

"Kurama?! What are  you doing here?!"

Kurama looks pissed down to the pan to see a burning fryed egg. 

"Breakfast before school?" He shrugged and pointed to his uniform.

"Jeez, Learn how to cook."

She takes the pan from him and throws out the remains of the poor brunt egg. She cracks a new one and looks over to Kurama. 

"What are you doing?"

"Learning to cook." He said as he pointed a the cook book he was reading. It was titled 'Cooking for Stupidheads.' He looked back down and kept reading. 

She finishes the egg and slips it on to a plate.

"Here."

He looks up to her and grabbed her hand holding the pan. 

"Here, I know how now, let me do it."

"No, I got." She said flustered and blushing.

"Seriously, Don't be so stubborn just let me do it."

"Ugh, I never asked for your help!" She throws the pan onto the floor spilling hot oil on the floor. Kurama just kneels down and picks up the pan, places in to the sink and begins to wash it.

"As your familiar I help you even when you don't ask. Even if I sure as hell don't wanna." He said as he looked at her narrowing his eyes. 

"Whatever, clean up this mess." Merodi rolls her eyes and storms off to her room and throws the closet door open and begins to change into her uniform. She grabs her backpack and walks into the kitchen.

"Finally, let's go already." Kurama complained.

They walk out together he slams the door to the shrine.

"HEY, don't brake it or you'll fix it."

"Whatever." He takes out his keys and unlocks the passenger car door. Then he opens it for her,

"Get in."

She sits down inside and he slams the door in her face. He enters and drives of to school without saying a word. Same goes for walking into class; they barely looked at each other. 

Class goes on the same the tense feeling in the air eventually hit Nanami.

"Hey, what's up with you guys?"

They both blurt out at the same time 

"NOTHIN."

Then they look at each other and then look away.

"I suggest you leave them to fix their own problems, let's not get involved." Tomoe suggested to Nanami. 

Lunch time rolls along and still not a word is said between the two.

"I'm so confused... Kurama, trying to be a proper familiar. It seems like all a joke." Merodi thought to herself. 

She checked her pockets to see how much money she had... three  folded and damaged dollars.

"Shit."

She mumbled.

Kurama turned to her hearing her complaint and seeing the lack of money she had in the palm of her hand.

"Here."

He hands he a twenty dollar bill.

"No, thanks."

"Just take it."

"I said no."

"Don't be so stubborn, just take it!"

Kurama's yell grabed the attention of the whole class. All eyes where on them. Whispers and dreaded gossips began to rise towards their ears. 

"Are they like a thing?"

"No, he's too good for her."

"Ha- she practically begging for his money."

"Do they hate each other?"

One voice stood out the most from the others; Nanami's.

"Why can't they get along, they need each other."

Hearing this Merodi ran out slamming the door shaking the whole room. Kurama just stood their watched her leave.

"Go after her." Nanami whispered.

He heard and ran after her. Looking all over for her but no where. 

"Where could she be?!"

He ran into the last room he needed to check the art room. There she was sitting in counter, not crying just lost in her own thought.

"Listen! I don't care if you like it or not! I'm your familiar now and you have to accept that!"

She looks up to him as he kneels down to her face to face. Looking into her eyes.

"I will protect you, you are my one and only. Got it?"

She shakes her head agreeing and then he kisses her. Not forced like last time much better, it felt perfect. Her cheeks grew red and when he pulled apart she smiled. The bell rang and they entered the class together.