Chapter 16

IMPORTANT A/N: I am in the process of rewriting this book, but everything this chapter and onward is the original, non-rewritten parts of my story, therefore THERE WILL BE SOME PLOT INCONSISTENCIES WITH THE PREVIOUS CHAPTERS AND THE REST OF THE BOOK. I update each chapter every so often, but feel free to keep reading on if you'd like! Just be aware of the differences, for I've been making a lot of tweaks to the overall plot! :)

---

"Are you family?" The doctor asked again, looking annoyed.

      Anakin most likely would have strangled the man if his wife wasn't holding his arm warningly, silently glaring at him to calm down.

     "No, we're not family, but we are very close friends. You have to let us in." Anakin hissed.

     The doctor sighed, not taking Anakin's threat to heart. "Knight Skywalker, as much as I would love to, Mr. Starkiller is in critical condition. Visitors are simply not allowed."

      "Make an exception." Anakin snapped.

      Padmé grasped her husband tightly again and sighed at his angry red face. "Doctor, could you at least tell us how he's doing?"

     The man sighed. "Not well, I'm afraid. Whatever he was injected with is very lethal. Until we can identify it completely and create an antidote...it may end up being fatal."

     "Fatal!?" Anakin cried, snarling again.

     "Anakin, please." Padmé pleaded.

     It was still late at night and the Senator know they would most likely be here until the wakes of morning if not longer.

     "We're doing all we can-"

     "Well do it better! He's dying and you don't even care! We should be hunting down the one that did this!" Anakin cried.

      "Knight Skywalker, that's a decision for the Council to make-"

      "I'm on the Council!" Anakin screamed again, getting glances from around the room.

      Padmé sighed.

      "Doctor?" A female voice came from behind the doctor.

      Anakin recognized her as the nurse who had treated Luke for his electric shock. He brightened in hope. "I want her to treat Luke." He snapped.

      The girl blinked in surprise and then smiled. "It's alright Knight Skywalker, I am already treating Mr. Starkiller. I have to say, I didn't expect to have him under my wing again. Don't worry, we'll do all we can."

     Anakin nodded, still feeling weak in the knees and wishing he could just go in and reassure himself that Luke was indeed still alive.

     "Doctor, can't we let them in for a minute? It can't hurt." She told the doctor.

     He scowled at her. "You know the rules, Kirei."

     "It'll be fine. I've treated Starkiller before, Knight Skywalker won't be a bother. And neither will Senator Amidala." She said, blinking wide green eyes and twirling her pixie-cut brown hair.

     Anakin almost laughed at her methods.

      The doctor groaned. "Be quick about it, Healer Barizaan."

     She smiled and then gestured Anakin and Padmé in.

     When they reached Luke's room, they both paled at his eerily still figure on the cot.