Chapter thirty one

Sorry it took me so long to update guys!

I have been going through a lot of things in my personal life and it affected my writing here on Wattpad. Hopefully you guys enjoy the update(:

Oh! And sorry about the poor editing job. I didn't get a chance to go through it so I apologize.

Anyways, this is it!

Enjoy(:

-NickyMb <33

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

(JULIO POV)

Everyone has a demon.

Something that they see when they close their eyes at night. Something that haunts their every being, their every move. Something that they kept hidden in places they hoped no one was able to open.

For me, my father was the demon that I kept hidden from the world.The one thing I never wanted to face again. He was the thing I feared becoming, and the person I see in myself.

Now, watching him eye Kelsey like she was some kind of toy he could play with, I realize I wasn’t afraid of my demon anymore. Fuck no. Because right now I wanted nothing more than to shove my fist so hard into my fathers face that he would have wished he stayed a few more night in the pen.

The pen might have treated him better.

He raises his pierced eyebrow, some new additon he decided to get in jail, when he sees the look on my face. Good, I wanted him to look. I wanted him to see the hate and the disgust I felt when I look at him.

Not bothering to waste another breath on him, I turn toward Kelsey and almost wince at the look that lays on her face.

Here was the girl who was tearing my world apart. A girl who was able to get a hold of my heart faster than I was willing to let it go. A girl who was showing me little pieces of at a time of the world I once thought was lost to me.

Last night something happened and I know she was scared that it actually did happen. I didn’t want her to be scared though.

I want her to be able to look at me and know that she could trust me with her life if she had to and even though it’s a foolish promise to make to myself, I knew from the moment she let herself go, I was never going to initially hurt her.

Not if I could fucking help it.

The only thing keeping me from giving this girl my all is the man standing in the room with us. He was a part of my past and my future. The one thing that could tear everything I was gaining apart.

He has made Pacho’s men come for me. He was what made me believe that I couldn’t bring people in because if I did, they would get hurt just like they way he hurt my mother.

His family.

Friends.

Like I said, this man is my demon and he has ruined my life in more way than one.

I feel something land on my cheek and my eyes jerk toward Kelsey. She stands on her tippy toes, her body flushing with my mine. Her golden eyes meet mine and she gives me a small, reassuring smile.

I don’t deserve to have her touch me like that. She needs someone who deserve the kind of tenderness that she was giving me. It was such a bullshit thing to think, I know it was, but when your whole life was as dark as mine, any chance of light was a frightening thought.

“I’m going to go,” She whispers, leaning closer. I can tell from the way she says it that she doesn’t want too. Deep down, I don’t want her too. But we both couldn’t pretend that we didn’t have other things too handle.