Chapter 13

< WARNING CONTAINS MILD SEXUAL THEMES AND LANGUAGE >

< ALL CHARACTERS ARE CONSENTING ADULTS. SEXUAL ASSUALT AND EXPLOTATION IS NEVER OK >

< This is a shorter version of Chapter 13. The middle has been edited out and is available through my profile under a separate book titled 'Mature Chapters'. It is rated for mature content so read only at your own discretion >

< NOTE THOUGH THAT IT IS NOT COMPLETE! THE BEGINNING AND END ARE THIS CHAPTER. I did not recopy those parts over >

Hope you enjoy!

- B

Time stood still. Neither of them moving as they simply stared at each other. The only sounds disturbing the calmness that had enveloped them the erratic beating of her heart and his heavy shallow breaths.

His eyes were pitch black, fully dilated with the strength of his arousal.

Her skin was flushed strawberries and crème, her lips still parted from her frank declaration.

They stood hip to hip, chest to chest.

The seconds stretched out, the silence becoming nearly palpable as she waited for him to react. To do or say something. They ticked by until her newfound confidence and bravery began to crumble. Nerves and doubts started swirling in her mind filling her with fears and making her question her actions. They had her regretting her words, her boldness. Churning inside of her until rejection and embarrassment were eating away at her. Tears stung her eyes pricking them and blurring her vision as Kaiden remained unmoving and silent.

As the moments continued to pass around them, her embarrassment slowly turned to shame. Becoming so strong and pungent she couldn't even bear to look at him anymore. Dropping her head she spun away from him the taste of rejection heavy and unpleasant.

Her sudden movement broke Kaiden from whatever spell had been holding him, and before she could put more than a foot of the much needed distance between them, his hands had caught her. Strong muscle corded arms confidently moving to wrap around her. With little effort he had her pulled back and into his chest, her resistance weak and superficial, his hands landing firmly on her hips. Holding her immobile against his frame.

His touch was a balm to both her heart and body. Soothing the low pain and fire that had been slowly building under her skin and calming the horrible feelings that had been hurtling through her.

Somewhere deep inside, she felt a stab of irritation at the fact that it was only his touch and his presence that could both hurt and save her in such ways.

The feel of his large and hard presence behind her, pressing into her back had her previous desire and need skyrocketing. It was only the tinge of rejection still on her tongue that kept her from turning around and launching herself at him. Though it wasn't enough to stop the low moan from escaping her throat as his head bent forward. His face burying into her hair, his lips finding the vulnerable and soft skin at the dip between her neck and shoulder. Capturing it with his mouth. Letting her head drop to the side she gave into the sensations flowing through her. Her body going limp as she focused on the feel of his lips, trusting in his strong arms to support her. Her eyelids fluttering closed as she let out another sigh.

His voice was husky and rough, a dangerous edge to it that had another spike of desire headed straight to her core. Goosebumps along with shivers raced over her skin as his breath fanned out tickling her and causing her to press her body even harder into his. Want and need flaring higher.