Chapter 23 - Dance For Me

So guys, I hope you like the chapter. It goes back to one of my favourite locations for the story. As always, please vote and comment if you do enjoy it. Peace out dudes! :)

Photo: Pete

Song used in this chapter for the dance: Sexy Back, by Justin Timberlake and Timbaland

.........................................

Noah POV:

As Lily and I stepped in to the club, the cold night air vanished and a blast of heat swept over us. The dance floor was heaving, filled with couples gyrating against each other, and groups of friends dancing. The deep maroon walls were faintly lit by the flashing lights surrounding the DJ at the front. Glancing over towards the bar, I saw Jackie, Dick and Jen standing there with drinks in their hands. Turning around to look over my shoulder at Lily, I smiled and nodded to the bar.

"They're over there," I practically yelled over the music, reaching out and taking hold of her hand.

Guiding us through the crowd, I tried to avoid bumping in to other people, but the place was too crowded. Finally reaching the bar, I took a deep breath and wiped my forehead. The heat and overwhelming amount of people were starting to get to me, so I took off my jacket and placed it on the empty barstool next to me. Looking down, I undid the top three buttons of my grey shirt and rolled up the sleeves.

"Hey guys," I smiled at the gang, "Is it me, or is it frickin' hot in here?"

"I was just thinking the same thing," Lily grimaced, stepping up and sitting down on the stool in front of me.

"Get a cold beer down ya bud," Dick grinned, saluting me with his own. "All your worries will disappear."

"Sounds good to me," I agreed, placing my hands on Lily's shoulders and stroking them gently.

I smiled as she leaned in to me and looked up, a small smile on her face. "So, what took you guys so long?" Jackie smirked, cocking an eyebrow. "We left you ages ago, and you only just got here. Get lost on the way did ya?"

I didn't have to look down to know that Lily was probably blushing. So it surprised me when she burst out laughing and squeezed my hand gently. "Noah got a little flustered back at the apartment," Lily said, the amusement evident in her voice.

"Okay, so, changing the subject totally," I shouted above the music, to the smiles of everyone. "Jen, I would just like to say thank you for picking this dress for Lily. It certainly got my motor running."

Jen just shook her head and grinned at me, a knowing look in her eyes. "I thought it would Noah. After all, Lily does look damn fine even if I do say so myself."

"I couldn't agree with you more," I smiled, leaning down to kiss Lily on the shoulder.

I felt her flinch beneath me at the unexpected contact, and I laughed softly to myself. As I looked up, Jackie and Jen took a step forward and both took hold of Lily's hands, pulling her off the stool. I sighed at the loss of her body heat and put my hands down to my sides, already itching to touch her again.

"It's time to dance girls," Jackie shouted above the steady beat booming from the dancefloor.

Lily looked over her shoulder at me and shrugged as she was practically dragged through the crowd, the three girls soon finding an open spot at the edge of the floor. As I watched them all dancing and laughing at something Jen said, I felt a slap on my shoulder.

Turning around, I grinned when I saw Dean step to my side. "Hey there Noah, so are you gonna buy your best bud a drink or what?"

"Just got here and he's already sponging for drinks," Dick snickered, taking a big sip of his beer.