Chapter 33 - This One's For You, Lily

Hope you enjoy the chapter guys! Getting a little sad right now because I can see the end in sight...but anyway, on with the chapter! :)

Photo: Lily

Noah's Song: I Won't Give Up, by Jason Mraz (*the feels*)

.............................................

Solely Noah POV:

Adjusting my tie nervously, I stood next to Dick in the garden of the hotel. It overlooked the lake and the sun above made the water glisten perfectly, making it a beautiful day for the wedding. There was no breeze and it was completely still, but I could feel the anticipation in the air. Glancing in his direction, I couldn't help but smile as I noticed him whispering the vows he had written. He had practised saying them to me earlier and I knew he had nothing to worry about, Jackie would love every single word. Reaching out, I patted him on the shoulder and he turned to face me with a nervous smile.

"Would you relax?" I said. "You've been waiting for this day for years. Everything's going to be fine. Trust me."

He nodded and gulped loudly, running his hands up and down his trousers. "I know. It's just my stomach is doing somersaults," he replied. "And I'm starting to sweat in this suit, dude. It's too hot out here."

I laughed and patted him on the shoulder again as he looked at the ground and resumed talking to himself; going over and over his vows. Glancing around, I couldn't believe how perfect everything looked, no doubt because of Jackie and her attention to detail. Rows of white chairs lined the garden with deep blue ribbons tied on the back. They were facing the lake; and towards the archway that was lined with different kinds of flowers running through. That was the place my sister was going to have the happiest day of her life, and I couldn't have been more proud of her.

Tugging nervously at my navy blue jacket, I stared as guests began to take their seats. Amongst them, my father walked briskly up the aisle and grinned at Dick and I. "Alright boys," he said. "The guy doing the ceremony says to take your positions. It's just a waiting game now for Jackie."

"Okay," Dick muttered, stepping up to his place and looking like he was going to be sick. "Sure, no problem. I'm getting married now."

"Way to go captain obvious," I smiled, stepping behind and patting him on the back. "Welcome to the family bro."

He glanced over his shoulder and grinned, starting to look a bit more relaxed. My father extended his hand and took hold of Dick's, shaking it briefly. "I know you're not married to my daughter yet Rich," he said. "But you've been a part of this family for a long time. And I'll be proud to call you my son-in-law."

"That's means a lot to me," Dick whispered, his words barely audible but filled with emotion. "I just want you to know that I'll always take care of her. I promise you that."

"I know you will son," my father smiled, before turning around and walking up to the hotel to wait for Jackie.

As I fiddled with my cuff links and gazed around, my eyes caught sight of someone stepping out from the hotel doors. The sun was shining brightly and reflected off the windows surrounding the door, but there was no mistaking who it was. I watched as Lily stepped through the doors with JJ at her side, holding on to her hand. My breath caught in my throat as her eyes met mine. I had never seen her looking so breathtaking. Her blonde hair was tied back, but loose strands framed her face. The dark blue dress contrasted with her pale skin, falling just below her knees.

"Wow," I whispered to myself, unable to take my eyes off her.

Lily waved at me and walked down the aisle, guiding JJ down to the front row. He looked extremely annoyed to be wearing a suit, but I only noticed momentarily before my gaze was back on Lily. She took a seat on the closest chair and lifted JJ on to the one next to her. I smiled when she looked up at me, the sun falling on the necklace she was wearing. I recognised it immediately. It was one of my mother's.