Chapter Sixty:

"Just fill out your height and sizes right here," the friendly guidance counselor in front of me says. She points to the elongated paper that sits on the desk between us. It's with colorful pictures of different sized graduation gowns. "If I were you, I would just get a size bigger. That way if you grow any more between now and then, you'll still be comfortable."

My gaze follows her finger, and then shifts toward the size chart printed across the page. I'm just assuming that it's similar to my dress size. It makes me sad to see the number, and just how drastically it has changed over the past several months. I scribble down the magic number and my height. "Do you know about how long it will take before I can get the gown?" I ask.

The guidance counselor leans back in her computer chair. She pushes her glasses further up her nose and allows her gaze to meet mine. She smiles, and a hand runs through her springy black hair. "It really shouldn't take that long. I'd give it a week or so. Don't worry, it will be here on time."

I nod in response. It's so weird to think that I'll be graduating with Amanda and Kylie. Despite everything that has happened, I get to walk across the stage too. My excitement has rendered my nerves completely useless.

I slide the form back closer to her when I'm finished with it, grinning. She matches my smile. "Alright, Miss Alice," she says, "You're all set."

"Thank you so much," I say as I stand and gather my backpack. Before I shoulder it, I make sure to slip my cellphone out of the front pocket. "Would you mind sending my mother an email when the gown arrives?"

"Of course!" The woman chirps and turns toward her computer. Her fingers start to fly across the keyboard. "You have a great day now!"

"Thank you!" I start toward the door, my cellphone in hand. As I step out into the hallway, I shoot my mother a quick text, letting her know that I'm ready to be picked up. I had to stay after school today so I could buy the gown. Because I'm only a few weeks away from my due date, my mother is determined to be around me at all times. She wants to be there when my water breaks, I guess.

I step outside into the Florida heat and immediately grimace. A pearl of sweat has already formed at the top of my back, and started to trickle down the length of my spine. I look around the parent pick-up lot.

There's not a soul to be found.

My cellphone buzzes, and I read the text. My mother is only a few minutes away. I know that the office doors are already locked, so I can't go back inside. I start to walk around the side of the building toward the student parking lot. There, I find a bench just outside the main gate and plop down.

I decide to call Amanda.

She answers almost immediately, screaming, "Is it time?!"

"No," I respond. I keep my gaze focused on the parking lot in front of me. Here, there are a few cars, and a few students that I don't recognize loitering around. None of them pay me any attention.

"Oh," I hear her sigh with relief. "You gave me a heart attack. You only ever call when something bad has happened."

I laugh at her. "I'm just bored. I'm waiting for my mom to pick me up from campus. I can't text because the sun is too bright for me to see the screen."

"I hate it when that happens," she laughs with me.

Then I hear a sound; the sound of a sneaker scuffing against the concrete behind me. I glance back and wince at the harsh sunlight that shines overhead. Two bulky silhouettes approach.

I remain silent, and somewhat curious. I ignore Amanda as she starts to talk.

When the sunlight dims, and drifts behind an abundance of clouds, I manage to catch a glimpse of their faces. It takes me a moment to recognize them. It's Zack and Tyler --the twins that used to hang out with Blue-Eyes all the time. I had never talked to them much; I couldn't even tell them apart.

Both sport their bright green football jerseys and ash blond hair. One of the twins folds his arms across his chest. The thick muscles in his arms bulge. "Well, just look at what we've got here!"

Their tone is condescending and I'm not sure that I like it.

The other smirks. "And just how's it going, Miss Llama?" he asks.

It takes me another moment to understand their reference. Back in the beginning of our relationship, Blue-Eyes and I called ourselves Llama-buddies. He must have told them about it.

"Can I help you?" I ask with an eyebrow arched.

Immediately, Amanda goes silent at my ear. She knows that I'm not talking to her.

The twins share a mischievous glance. "Actually, I think you can," one of them says. He steps forward and I watch him clench his hands into tight fists. The other follows suit. "You see, little Miss Llama, you screwed up."

I stiffen and force myself to stand. A silent threat dissolves the air around us, and makes it harder for me to breath. I make sure that the bench stands between us. My gaze skirts around the parking lot again; there's not a single student in sight. "What do you mean?"

Their expressions darken. Both crack their knuckles. "Because of you, our best friend is in a shit-ton of trouble. You screwed up his life. Because of you, his stupid mom found out about his grades and his girlfriends."

"That's not my fault." I mentally will my mother to hurry up.

Their gaze drifts down toward my round stomach. Their lips curl back with disgust. "Do you really think so?"

I shrink back in terror. They wouldn't dream of hitting a pregnant woman, right?

"Alice, what the hell is going on?" I hear Amanda ask at my ear. I had almost forgotten that she was still on the phone with me. I watch the twins start to slink forward. All of a sudden, the bench is no longer between us.

Then both of the twins loom above me, massive towers that block out the sunlight. I raise my hands defensively and shield my stomach. The cellphone drops to the ground. My voice cracks.

"Zack and Tyler..." is all that I manage to get out.

I made spicy ranch chicken today, guys. It's really good. Like I don't cook. I'm surprised I didn't burn down the entire apartment xD

There are only a few more chapters to go! My goal is five (because I want to end this at 65 chapters, and I'm weird like that) but we will see how it goes. My goal used to be sixty and you can see how that would have ended up. 

Could you imagine the story just ending on this chapter? Y'all would track me down and kill me! xD 

The next part should be posted within the next week or so. Love y'all!