Chapter Seventeen:

"Let me guess," I bite back a sigh, and fold my arms across my chest, "You're a total Grandma's boy." The idea is kind of depressing, considering I'll always be the second best woman in his life, but I'm somewhat willing to deal with it. 

Somewhat. 

Blue-Eyes chuckles and scratches at the back of his neck bashfully, "Yeah. She practically raised me, you know, besides the nannies. She used to come over every day and we would blare all her music." 

I quirk a brow. He walks over to the bed and plops down on the edge, leaning back onto his hands. He pats the vacant mattress beside him in a silent offering and I can't help but cringe a little. My feet are rooted firmly near the door --I'm extremely wary about going anywhere near his bed. I press my lips together and glance toward his impressive record collection for a distraction. 

"I'm not going to bite," he smirks. 

I let out an awkward laugh and shuffle over to the bed at a pace slower than a snail. I don't want to make him question my sanity, now, and start to think that I'm not into him. I sit down on the bed a few inches away from him and cross my legs.

Maybe, just maybe, he might take the hint. 

He chuckles and cranes his head back, gaze glued to the ceiling. "Nana died several years ago. The cancer took too much out of her, and it really sucked. She was the only real family that I had because my parents are always so busy with work." His darling baby-blues flash my way, "You kind of remind me of her, in a totally non-offensive way. You have her kick-ass attitude."

I snicker, "Yeah, because being compared to a grandmother is every girl's dream."

"Sorry," My eyes almost explode out of my head when he turns as red as a freaking tomato. It takes all my willpower not to tackle him with love --his expression is so adorable, and the cuteness overload thanks to his rosy colored cheeks is almost too much. "I didn't mean it like that," he smiles sheepishly. 

"Sure," I tease. 

Blue-Eyes grins at me, "At least its my bad-ass Nana I'm comparing you to, and not some crazy old hag who is obsessed with cats." He wags his eyebrows. "Or my other grandma, who is snobby beyond all reason. Sophie is more like her." 

"I think I'd have to dump you for that one," I make a face at the mention of Sophie's name. Bimbo can exit his mind, like, now please. The more he thinks about her, the less he fawns over me. 

He snorts, "I think I'd have to dump me too." 

"Is that even possible?"

I giggle like a school-girl doing something naughty and Blue-Eyes laughs his melodious, pantie-drop-inducing laughter. The door opens then, and the creepy butler from outside steps inside. My laughter dies down and I watch him approach cautiously. The more that I look at him, the more that I think he looks like Alfred, from Batman. His silver hair is thinning, and he's quite skinny. And he has that peculiar twinkle in his eyes. He holds a silver tray in his hands. "I brought snacks," he announces with a gentle smile, "And your car keys, Miss Alice." 

My eyes widen, "My car keys?" 

Blue-Eyes scratches the back of his head, "I kind of had a few of the servants go retrieve it. That way you don't have to drive back to school to go get it and you can pretend to be really sick." 

"Thanks," I smile warmly at him. He's so thoughtful. But then my expression morphs into something painful, as a sharp realization slams into me like a freight train. "The nurse doesn't call home...does she?" 

Blue-Eyes squints. 

Alfred-Lookalike dips his head in a nod, "Yes m'am, they alert whoever is listed as your legal guardian so that they know you are unwell." 

I let out a very unladylike curse and scramble away from the bed. I book it toward the door, only to double back and snatch my truck keys from the tray. Blue-Eyes grabs my hand as I go to run away again and wrenches me back. "Hey, wait!" his eyes are wide with confusion, "What's going on?"

"My mom! She knows, and I'm so dead. I have to get home before she finds that message." 

Blue-Eyes makes a face worthy of a sulking child. It almost makes me smile, even though I have suddenly realized the severity of my dire circumstances. Before I know what's happening, I'm being pulled forward, and I lose my balance and kind of topple over onto Blue-Eyes.

"Whoa," he laughs a little breathlessly.

My cheeks are on fire, "What the hell?" I grumble irritably into his chest, as he laughs with an uneasiness. I prop myself up onto my elbows and glare at him, embarrassed. His hand is still curled around one of my arms. He releases me immediately and I bolt away from the bed, rubbing at my bright red cheeks.

"Sorry, sorry!" Blue-Eyes apologies like crazy, "I didn't mean to make you fall." 

I harrumph. He smiles his dashing smile and grabs my chin before I can dart toward the door again, yanking me forward. This time, I'm already on the bed, so I don't fall with the sudden jerking movement. Something soft brushes my cheek and then I'm released. 

Like an idiot, I gawk at him. "What was that?" 

He closes one eye in a sly wink. I give him a funky look and shake my head. "Alright," I break away from his gaze and blush when I realize that Alfred-Lookalike is still very much in the room, albeit backed into the corner to watch like a creep. "I really have to go. I'll see you tomorrow, possibly." 

"See you tomorrow," he leans back onto his palms, the mattress caving slightly around his fingers. 

I pause in the doorway and look back, milking in his sexiness for one last time. "If I don't come to school tomorrow, check all the dumpsters behind Taco Bell. My mom will most like dispose of my body there." 

"Okay," I hear Blue-Eyes laugh as I race down the staircase. I almost run someone over --a supermodel with dark black hair and startling eyes-- and she glares daggers as she shouts. I apologize profusely as I make my way out the door. 

The supermodel's wrath is nothing compared to what I have to face when I get home. 

A/N:

This chapter is so shitty, I would like to apologize. I have hit a serious rut with my writing --thank you, writer's block-- but I wanted to post something for you guys to read :L I will probably go back and seriously edit this shit later.

Thanks for reading<3