EPILOGUE

'Did I hurt you?' she heard Alexander's soft voice, filled with concern.

Sybrina lifted her head from her husband's comfortable chest, and smiled shyly into his eyes.

'Just a little,' she whispered, rising on her elbow. She leaned over his chest and pressed her lips to his, 'but I loved every second of it,' her eyes locked with his.

'So did I my sweet. It was worth the wait,' he grinned, silently cringing as her petite breasts pressed against his chest. His wife was oblivious of the effect her naked body was having on him. It was too soon for her, but his body was very ready to make love to her again. Alex slid his fingers through her beautiful hair, 'you are the most beautiful lady, I've ever laid eyes on,' he smiled adoringly.

'I think you are the most fine looking man I know, Alexander Chauncey, Earl of Cavendish,' Sybrina smiled mischievously.

'I am glad you think so, because I want you waking up next to me in my bed every morning,' he demanded.

'But my lord what will the servants say?'

'I care not. I make the rules and my household obeys including my wife,' he flipped her over on her back, pinning her with his own body.

'Alexander!' she gasped, but her hands automatically snaked around his neck possessively. She smiled lovingly as he kissed her lips and dropped back onto his pillow.

'Alexander?'

'Mmm?'

'What will happen with the duke and duchess?'

Alex tilted his head, his fingers lightly brushed over her cheek, 'Reginald's younger sister is with child. Reginald is very happy to hand his title to his nephew. He loves his sister very much who respects and supports __his lifestyle.'

'I feel sorry for the duchess,' Sybrina murmured.

'Why? She's also comfortable with Reginald's decision. She was ecstatic that Reginald did not bow to his parent's pressure for her to produce an heir.'

'You were horrible to her that day in the phaeton, when you teased her about making a crib for her baby,' Sybrina recalled, her finger playfully running over his lips.

Alexander laughed, 'I was so frustrated that I could not make love to my very own wife. It was taking its toll on me,' he sighed.

'Oh my darling husband. I do love you so. Thank you for being so patient. I would be devastated if you are ever unfaithful to me,' she pleaded.

'No other woman appeals to me my sweet. Even if a beautiful woman would dare to flirt with me, 'he grinned, 'I honour the vows I took before God and you, my lady. I shall never break them.'

'I know you shall not Alexander. You honoured the vow you took, and waited for me to come to your bed.'

'I love you and only you,' he vowed. Sybrina was fully persuaded by his emotion filled voice and eyes. She reached up and sealed their marriage with a promissory kiss.
                   -the end-