Chapter 2 - Trapped

Chapter 2

~ Halcyon's P.O.V. ~  

The door swung shut as Jack left the room, and I hopped out of his comfy bed, looking down at what I was wearing. Last night I had borrowed some of Finn's cloths, which I now realized were Jack's - gray sweats, and a faded green t-shirt with the quote Young and Reckless. Stretching my arms over my head, I searched the room for my bathing suit and shorts I had worn last night, and found them lying in the corner next to the bed. I slipped the items on, and heard faint yelling from outside. Quietly, I pressed my ear to the door.

All I heard was "I knocked 'em down the sink" and "fucking basement". This was useless. I cautiously turned the handle, but it wouldn't budge. I tried again and again, until I gave up, and listened to what seemed like a dispute. I heard, "let me see Hal, let me by." Someone must've been blocking the door for an odd reason, maybe to protect me. I furrowed my brows when I heard, "You can't hurt her - ". Someone crumpled to the floor with a groan, and then the door came swooshing open. I was knocked to the ground in an instant, and laid there on my side in shock, looking up to see a furious Finn.  

"Get up." He ordered, so I hastily did, trying to regain my balance. He brought his fist back, and I shrieked in return, holding my hands up to cover my face. But they didn't come fast enough. I felt his knuckles dig into me, knocking me out cold.  

~ Finn's P.O.V. ~

 I bent down to Halcyon, brushing a strand of blond hair behind her ears. As I looked down at her small frame, unconscious on the floor, I felt a twinge of guilt. That disappeared quickly, replaced by annoyance. So I sighed, and scooped her up, letting her head dangle over the side of my arm. As I walked out of Jack's room, I saw him, still lying in the middle of the hallway.

 I stepped toward him and smugly asked, "So she can stay?"  

Jack hesitated, glaring up at me defeatedly, before saying, "She can stay."

I nodded, delighted, and strode towards the staircase leading to the third floor. I had gotten dibs on the third floor when we moved in. I walked up the light-tan carpeted steps until I got to the top, and walked straight ahead. My room was at the end of a long hallway. I approached the door, and kicked it open. My room had a king-sized bed, a dresser, a desk, a walk-in closet, and a connected grand bathroom, decorated in soft beachy colors, like light blue, white, and gold. It felt pretty empty, but I liked it like that. I walked over to my bed, and set my beautiful girl down, staring for a second.

I made the decision to sedate her, for the reason of me not having a lock on my door. I dug through my bedside stand, and found them in an instant, picking up the syringe full of the drugs. I lowered it near her arm, turned it over to the part where they usually stick IV's in the hospital, and stuck it into one of the showing veins. She was fast asleep, not just knocked out, by the time I left the room

.  I strode down the stairs to the first floor, sauntering into the kitchen with my hands in my pockets. Jack stood over the sink, wiping blood off his face, oblivious to me.  

"So," I started, and he jumped, spinning around, obviously startled to see me. "Well, I need you to go get some things for me tomorrow at the outlet mall - "  

"I'm not your servant, you know." He responded, looking at me disgustedly. I clenched my fists to my side, forcing myself to calm down. I noticed the dried blood on his nose from earlier, and smirked.  

"But I need you to get some things for Hal - " I asked once again.

 "Finn, I'm not your slave or some shit, get it yourself." He snapped at me, turning to look out the window. Glaring at his back, I stalked out of the kitchen, knocking a dish off the counter. I heard it shatter as I walked up the grand stairs, then the small staircase leading to my third floor.