Chapter 1

It's the year 1994.
I'm 17
My name Christina

My phone was ringing. I looked at it. 12 unread Messages.
My boyfriend Max was annoying me. He was a bit jealous, 'cause of my best friend James.
He thought I would date that guy. And he didn't believe me that James is only a good friend of mine.

Max: Is your "friend" at your place, or why aren't you answering?

Max: okay I'm sorry that I was that angry, it's just.... I'm scared that I may loose you.

He is cute, isn't he.
I called him and told him that I'm studying for the test tomorrow.
And that he doesn't have to be jealous, 'cause James isn't at my place and that he's just another friend.
Max calmed down a bit.

A few hours later the doorbell rang. I went downstairs and opened. A young man was standing there. He looked cute.
He said: "Hey I'm Tom, the dumb guy who is in a class over you."
I laughed. "Why are you here?"
"I got a band, and we've got a concert tonight. And I've got a ticket for you, for free."
He looked at me with his nice brown eyes. Of course, I couldn't say no.
"When shall I be there?" I asked.
"At nine o'clock." He answered.
I nodded. Then we said goodbye and I closed the door.
Suddenly Max called again.

Max: Who was that? I mean the guy who gave you something at your front door?

Me: Why are you stalking me? If you don't trust me we should break up!

Max: Oh is that so. Then goodbye.

Oh shit. What did I do? Why does that always happen to me?

I was sad. I cried like a baby the whole afternoon. Until 7 pm.
I thought about the concert, Tom invited me to. 'I should go there. Maybe I feel better after that' I thought.
So I went to my wardrobe and took out shorts and a T-shirt. A black and very tight T-shirt.
I tried it on. It fit perfect.
At 8:30 pm I took my keys and went to my car. I drove to the bar which was written on the ticket Tom gave me.
As I was there I went in. The guy at the door wanted to see my ticket. I wanted to show it to him, but then I realized that it wasn't there anymore. I must've lost it on my way. Oh shit!
Tom noticed that I couldn't find my ticket, so he came and said: "That girl belongs to me. She doesn't need a ticket."
The guy at the door did finally let me in.
I thanked Tom and hugged him. I was very happy.
First he didn't know what to do, but then he hugged me, too.
Together we went into the hall were the band would be playing in. It wasn't that big. Only about hundred people could fit in there.
I was standing in the very front.
I looked up to the three guys the whole concert.
Tom was such a nice guy.
After the show I went to spoke to Tom. He was sitting outside and drinking some beer.
"Hey Tom, you guys were pretty good in there." I said.
"Oh well, we know that we're the best." He answered and laughed.
I laughed too.
"Yeah you're probably the best band for me now." I said.
He nodded.
"That's great!", he said. "Ermmm... what are you doing tomorrow?"
"Why?", I asked.
"Maybe we could go for a coffee after school.", he said.
I answered: "that would be nice."
Then there was silence between us.
"How's your boyfriend Max doing?", he asked.
A tear ran over my cheak.
'Do not start to cry!' I thought.
"He... I.... erm.... we.. aren't a couple anymore, since t-today..."
After that hard sentence I started to cry. Tom hugged me and told me that everything will be fine.
"I'm so sorry for you. But I know what helps you now.", he said after a while. I looked into his eyes and asked: "What?"
He gave me his bottle of beer and said: "Alcohol will help you now more than I do, I promise."
I still looked into his eyes. Then I drank.
After a few mouthfuls I gave the bottle back to Tom. So we did it the whole bottle long.
We talked during the whole night.
At 3 am Tom said that I could sleep at his place. Just because I was to drunk to drive.
Of course I said yes.
So we staggered home.
And no, we didn't sleep arm in arm.
I slept in Tom's bed and he slept a few meters next to me on his couch.
...

Ps: sorry if my english is a bit fucked up. Hope you enjoyed.
Pps: I'm from austria. In austria we're allowed to drink alcohol with less than 16% at the age of 16. And everything over 16% at the age of 18.