Chapter 2

I woke up at 11 pm. I looked out for Tom, but he wasn't there. I shouted: "Tooooooom?"
Suddenly his mother opened the door and said: "Why are you shouting out loud? Tom's not here. He's gone since 9:30 pm this morning."
I was confused. "Where is he?", I asked, still confused.
"At work.", his mother answered. I quickly got up as she left the room. I didn't take off my clothes yesterday, so I still wore them. That was good.
I stood up and went out of Tom's house. I walked home.
I even forgot about my car.
My mom would be so angry.
She didn't even know that I was gone. I just didn't tell her. She doesn't have to know everything about me. And my dad is on a journey for his work.
So my mom and I were alone.

As I walked through a park I saw Max. But he wasn't alone. A girl with long blonde hair and blue eyes was standing next to him. She kissed him on his cheak and said: "I love you. And thank god you broke up with this other girl, Christina. Oh she's such a bitch, isn't she."
In this moment I knew that Max never loved me. All the six months we've been a couple. Oh how much I hated him now. Why did he break my heart, why?
The only thing I wanted to do now was crying in my bed.

At home I ran upstairs into my bedroom and fell to bed.
I cried. My pillow was wet after a few minutes. I wanted to scream.
But I couldn't do this now. My mom was there.
To make myself feeling better I took the scissors and began to cut myself. I knew this wasn't the right thing. But I couldn't help myself in this moment. My leg was bleeding.
I was still crying.
My mother suddenly knocked at my door.
I threw the scissors away and hid my foot under my blanket.
"Hey sweetie ... where were you last night?", she asked as she was opening the door. As she saw that I was crying she suddenly asked: "What's wrong?"
"Max b-broke up w-with m-me.", I stuttered.
"Oh I'm so sorry for you honey!", she said. Then she sat down on my bed.
"I want to be alone. Can you leave, please?", I said in a whiny voice.
She looked in a sad way at me and left my room. After she shut the door I looked at my bleeding leg. I was shocked. Why did I do that? It wasn't good. I felt very bad for what I did.
The doorbell rang. It was Tom. My mom let him in.
He came into my room.
"I'm so damn sorry. I had to go to work. How are you doing?", he said.
"I'm fine.", I lied.
"No you're not. You're crying and your leg is bleeding.", he suddenly said. I was a bit shocked that he noticed it.
Then I began to cry heavier.
Tom hugged me.
"Please promise me that you'll never cut yourself as bad as you did it on your leg."
He still held me in his arms. I could feel his breathe and his heartbeat, also his heat.
"I can't. I mean, nobody ever cared about me. Nobody.", I said.
He looked into my eyes deeply.
Then he gave me a kiss on my head and said: "I care. Somebody in this world will love you, I promise. You will be happy one day."
I stopped crying and asked: "Can we go for a coffee?"
He nodded and smiled.
He was the only one who really listened to me.
We went to the next starbucks and drank coffee. We talked again.
He told me that girls usually don't like him.
I told him that boys usually don't like me.

After our very nice conversation we went to the bar and I drove my car back home. Tom was with me
the whole afternoon.
In the evening he went home, but before he left he gave me his phone number and said: "When you're sad or have a problem call me."

On the next day was school again.
My best friend James didn't know that Max broke up with me.
I told him in the first lesson about it.
But I didn't tell him about the cutting and my bleeding leg.
He doesn't have to know everything.

When the final bell rang I ran out and to my surprise Tom asked me if I would like to drive with him home. Of course I said yes.
Tom was so nice to me, nobody ever was before.
All the girls around stared at me, 'cause they knew Tom was in a band and also a little famous.
I didn't care about all the girls.
In the car I asked: "Are we driving to your house or to mine?"
"To Mark's.", he answered.
"Is Mark a friend of yours?", i asked.
He answered: "Yeah, he's the bassist from our band Blink 182."
"Don't panic he's a nice guy, not so hot as fuck like me, but he's nice.", Tom said quickly before I had the chance to say something.
I laughed and said: "I bet he's also not funny as fuck as you are. Am I right?"
"Yeah you are.", he said.
Then we both laughed.
....