c o n f i d a n t

Iris Reyes, our old Delta, was pregnant with Troy's brother's demon child? Holy crap that was fast

I'd known Iris since forever. She always treated me like a sister, probably because she was born to be by my brother's side if he didn't find his mate. I looked at her and thought that was how a Luna should be.

My parents only had daughters, Iris had once told me, which means you will most definitely find your mate.

And she was right because I did find them.

I felt the bed dip and my entire body froze. That could only be one person.

"What are you doing?" I asked Troy.

"Keeping up appearances. Now move over."

"No. No way." I was already settled in the middle of the bed. I would rather die than share a bed with him. "You told me to take the bed."

"It's for my parents. If they hear from the servants that we aren't sleeping in the same bed they'll think that something is wrong."

"Something is wrong."

Troy tried pulling the sheets back but my death grip was keeping them in place. I was prepared to lay on them and wrap myself up just so he wouldn't get any.

He soon gave up and there was no movement coming from the opposite side of the bed. I peaked one eye open and he was sleeping on his side with his back to me. Of course he had no shirt on. Ugh.

"Stop it."

"Stop what?"

"I can feel you glaring at me."

I rolled my eyes and shut them. My body was as close to the edge of the bed as humanly possible. I didn't even want to accidentally touch him in my sleep. I couldn't think of anything worse.

A good chunk of time had passed when words cut through the silence.

"At least I'm trying."

His words came out of nowhere. I was drifting off into a deep sleep and then he says something stupid like that.

"You're just keeping me as a hostage to hold over Ares, nothing more." I mumbled. "Trying would be rejecting me."

"I couldn't think of any hostage who has so many privileges."

"Name one privilege."

"You're alive."

I remembered what Dallas had said, he doesn't hate you, he's just good at hiding how he really feels. "You couldn't kill me even if you tried."

Troy moved and he moved quickly.

He produced a knife out of what seemed like thin air and I barely gasped as the cool metal was pressed to my neck.