4

Sasuke chuckled again and turned towards her. His eyelids blinked and blood ran out of his mouth, "You love me."

It began to burn... Naruto's eyes widened as his body began to spasm. Pain, there was only pain everywhere. Sasuke laughed as he saw his old teammate thrash on the ground as blood came flying towards him from Naruto's flailing arms.

Naruto hadn't known that his wound was hurting so much. The shock had staved off the initial pain and Sakura had appeared only moments later. Naruto gasped as a cry ripped out of his mouth. He clawed at his chest desperately, anything to make the burning go away.

His blue eyes widened. Sakura hadn't been trying to save him.

Sakura continued to sob as she pulled herself off the ground again. She kept her eyes low, away from the man with the ebony hair as she crawled back to Naruto's side. With one bloody hand she swiftly latched onto both of Naruto's wrists and pinned them to the ground above his head with a soft thump and the flying of pebbles.

Naruto cried out in pain. Sakura plunged her other hand into his chest and her fingers once again glowed green.

Naruto's movements died and he gasped for air. "S-Sakura-chan..."

"S-Sorry," Sakura murmured as she used her grip on Naruto's wrists as leverage while she collapsed down onto his chest. She winced and smiled at him. Naruto didn't feel a thing. "I'm so sorry. He's right, Sasuke-kun was right."

"Sakura-chan..."

"I could have saved myself if I didn't go to you Naruto..."

Naruto's eyes softened, "I know..."

"But it's not because I love him... not because I still love him," Sakura sniffled as she dug her nose into the thick collar of his torn jacket, "I just knew... knew that I wouldn't be able to stand to hear you suffer. I can't ever hear you suffer Naruto. I'm so sorry.