8: Davinas' Decision

https://i.gifer.com/5Ftz.gif.

"What's this?" Davina frowned down at the folded napkin I was offering her

"It's from Tim," her eyes widened briefly, thinking better of her confusion when she remembered who she was talking to. "He had someone bring it over to me and then he was seen slipping out the back." She was quick to open it, scanning the scribbled words before glancing around to confirm he wasn't here, "What does it say?"

"He agreed to meet me at the church..." She worried her bottom lip with nerves, opening and closing her mouth with the hesitation of asking for permission.

I offered her my elbow, "Let's go then."

She was stunned by my instant support, "Are you sure?"

"You're a very powerful and headstrong young woman, Davina, so I know that if it came down to it you could protect yourself."

She huffed out a sigh, "But?"

"But nothing," again her eyebrows kissed her hairline. "If need be, I could kick some witch ass on your behalf, so I don't see any reason why I should stop you from seeing him. He's the real reason you wanted to come out tonight, right?" Her nod was hesitant, my elbow again jutting out toward her, "Then let's go and see him before he thinks you've stood him up."

Her smile was blinding before she wrapped around me, following my trail to the Church. I was still confident Marcel's vampires had eyes on us, and if they failed, then I at least knew I could rely on Rebekah to follow us and keep me safe...

The witch's steps slowed when she saw Tim's relaxed figure by the altar, "I can't do this."

"I doubt that," I muttered with a smile, untangling myself to push her forward--Tim instantly straightened with her echoing steps.

"Hey..." Davina offered a weak wave. "Tim, I--I got your note."

"I got your text message," his smile wobbled.

"Thanks for meeting me here," the pair giggled, bashful smiles shared.

"It's so amazing to see you. I-I can't even believe you're standing here right now, I just--" he sucked in a sharp breath, "Wow..." I moved further back with her relieved laugh, glad their conversation faded from my human hearing. Just because I knew everything they'd say doesn't mean I shouldn't at least offer them some privacy...

I turned to assess the back walls of the church, hand trailing over a blood spattered painting. My gut twisted with the thought of showing up here too late to help Sean, too late to stop Agnes from cursing him and forcing his family through all of that horror. I balled my hand into a fist when it started to shake. I already had too much to worry about with my future, the last thing I needed to be doing is dragging around guilt for any of the past plot I'd allowed to happen.