12: New Boundaries

https://i.gifer.com/3YDa.gif.

THE NEXT DAY

THE NEXT DAY

"Do you plan to be ready in time to actually attend the party, sweetheart(?)"

I rolled my eyes at his tone, checking over my lipstick before finally leaving the bathroom. My heels only clicked a few steps before Klaus forced me to pause, the immortal blocking my path, "Yes?"

"Bloody hell."

I grinned, offering the man a slow spin so he could really appreciate my outfit. "You like(?)"

His arms curled around my waist, tugging me closer-- "I fucking love." My giggle was silenced by his lips, the squeak of joy morphing into a moan at the back of my throat when my eyelids fluttered shut. I was in a daze when he pulled away, the hybrid's burning gaze running across my figure a second time. "Though I'll warn you, love: Anyone who dares look at you for too long in this delectable outfit will suddenly find themselves without eyes."

I couldn't stifle my bashful grin, incapable of ignoring the rush of love that filled my heart when his eyes turned from lust-crazed to adoring:

https://i.gifer.com/5vt3.gif.

I straightened out his tie, "Can you at least wait until after the treaty is signed to start a bloodbath(?)"

His smirk was full of mischief, "No promises--"

"On the contrary, Niklaus," I smiled at Nik's eyeroll. Elijah's focus was on correcting his cufflinks when he entered our bedroom, "Should you attempt to sour this evening with any vulgarity, you'll find yourself locked in your art studio with a snapped neck."

"And I can't even nurse you better because I'm needed as co-host," I faux pouted. Klaus' grip on me tightened.

"Exactly," the brown-eyed Mikaelson silenced Nik's flanter, stopping beside us and offering his brother a pointed look. "So, it's in your best interest to behave in a civil manner this evening."

"My words were only in jest, brother," Elijah was acknowledged with a brief glance before I once again stole all of Klaus' focus. My residual nerves relaxed when Nik reached a hand up to my face, brushing stray hairs from my eyeline, "I wouldn't dare to corrupt my Angel's hard work. All of those sleepless nights have to count for something, right?"