Prologue

Prologue

"Run, princess. Don't stop running until you meet some nice people, okay? Bad guys are coming to take us and Mommy and Daddy don't want you to get hurt. Run, darling." My eyes watered as I heard these words come out of my father's mouth. The patter of paws were getting louder and louder and even as a 5 year old pup, I knew that they were getting closer.

I was scared. Who wouldn't be in that situation? Bad guys - Rogues, they were coming. Rogues were every wolf's worst nightmare. They were the kind of monsters that parents told kids to scare them into taking their medicine. I didn't want to leave. Leaving would mean leaving my parents to fend for themselves. I was still a pup and I knew that even if I stayed, I couldn't help my parents much. But I wouldn't be able to live with the guilt, knowing that maybe, if I had stayed, they might have been able to live. Almost as if my parents had sensed my hesitation, they urged me to go once more. "Princess, we'll be okay. We'll come for you once we've killed these wolves. Please, go. There isn't much time left." My parents had said to me. I knew what they said was correct. But I was a stubborn child, I opened my mouth to refuse. I was interrupted by a snarl. One that came from a wolf standing only a few meters away from us. It was big, far bigger than any average wolf. He signaled for the other wolves to follow him. It finally dawned on me that he was the leader.

"Go, Eliza. We love you. Stay safe my princess." Desperation was leaking off my mother's words. I took a step forward, wanting to give her a parting kiss on the cheek. I never got the chance. The leader of the rogues came charging at my mother, biting her on her stomach. She groaned in pain, and shifted into her brown wolf. I heard a growl. This time it came from my father.

By now, all my thoughts of wanting to stay here had vanished. My heart was pounding. I shifted and ran as far and as fast as my little wolf paws will take me. I didn't run for long before I heard a howl of victory.

Only, it wasn't my father's.

__________

A/N:

How do you like it so far? This is my second book, so no hate, please. I really hope you like it...

Fan,comment,vote please?

Also, do check out my other book - Mate, if you have the time :)

Thank you so much for reading

If you liked this chapter, please vote, comment, and fan! It would mean a lot :)

I love you all,

~claudia