Chapter 5

Eliza's POV

"A rogue has been captured. I think that he might be related to the rogue attacks. Get ready. We'll be interrogating him in 5 minutes." My Dad informed me.

I was not surprised, for rogues came all the time. Most of them didn't want any trouble, and just wanted to pass through our territory. Usually for rogues like that, we'd question him to ensure he was of no danger to us, then let him go. However, if the rogues we captured were threats to our pack in any way, we'd kill them. It is cruel, I know. But what other choice do we have?

I sighed. I didn't know why, but I had a bad feeling about this particular rogue.

I changed into a purple crop top and shorts. I didn't bother to put on any makeup. Why should I bother if we were only going to see a rogue?

I put on my Keds and joined my father in what we call, the interrogation room. Basically, the room was soundproof so that nobody, werewolves and humans alike, couldn't hear what we were talking about. We used this room purely for questioning rogues. My father, being the former alpha, would always go there to assist the current alpha, my brother, and he would always bring me along because I might need information from the rogues for my work as Wolfsbane.

As I walked closer and closer to the interrogation room, I could smell this really familiar scent. And I knew without a doubt who it was. I just wish he wasn't here.

I dashed into the room. I wanted to make sure, that who I thought was here, was actually here. My eyes locked with the rogue. I mentally cursed.

It was my mate.

This was not good. In fact, it was far from it.

"Is there something wrong Eliza?" My Dad asked me, his voice laced with concern. I shook my head, and tried to act as normal as possible, and not like my mate was being held prisoner in my pack.

My Dad waved my immensely strange behavior off, and continued to talk to my brother, Kyle.

I sat in a chair at the corner of the room, as far away from my mate as possible. I tried my best to avoid all eye contact with him. I could feel his gaze on me. Suddenly feeling very self conscious, I fidgeted in my seat, wishing for him to look away.

He didn't, of course.

Then I realised something. He knew I was his mate. He saw me in my human form. He knew I was Wolfsbane. I could only hope that he would not tell on me. I pushed that thought away, and concentrated on my father and brother instead.

My Dad and Kyle discussed a bit more before they decided to start the interrogation.

"Name?" My brother asked the first question. He looked at me, and without breaking his gaze, he said, "Darren."

Even his name sounded great. Not for the first time, I wished we could be together.

He stopped looking at me, and fixed his gaze on Kyle. "Are you with any rogue pack?" That was Kyle's second question.

"No." He replied. I had to admit, he was a good liar. Some part of me knew that he was lying. I can only thank the mate bond for that.

"YOU'RE LYING." I snarled at him. He may be my mate, but I couldn't stand liars. I couldn't believe that he, my mate, lied to me. It wasn't right. Words couldn't even describe how angry I felt.

My Dad and Kyle stared at me, and I could already tell what they wanted to ask me. It was obvious. They wanted to know how I knew he was lying. I waved their questioning faces off, and asked them, with the sweetest voice that I could muster, "Let me handle him. I want to ask him a few questions. Do you mind leaving the room for a while?"

They seemed hesitant at first, but eventually, they did what I asked them to, and left the room. Currently, I was alone in the room, with only Darren for company.

I looked over at him, studying his chiselled face and deep blue eyes. "My mate." He proclaimed.

I shook my head, ignoring his comment. "Why did you lie?" I asked him, getting straight to the point.

"Why are you denying our connection?" He asked me back. I tensed.

"I asked you a question." I said.

"So did I."

"I asked you first though."

"I asked you second." He said, confusing me.

"So?" I asked, defiantly.

"Two's a bigger number." He said. I cracked a smile.

"I am not denying it." I sighed, and answered his question.

"Then why didn't you tell you Dad that we were mates?" He asked.

"Because he wouldn't let us be together." I said.

"Why not?" He frowned.

"You ask too many questions." I laughed.

"I don't understand."

"Because I am Wolfsbane, Darren." I whispered the last part.

His face turned pale. "W...What?"

"You didn't realise?" I asked him.

"No, I..." He trailed off, closing his eyes tight.

"You what?"

"I was supposed to kill you."

...

oooh cliffhanger ((sorry))

im sorry for the long wait. I've been so busy. The next update will take long as well because of my exams but i promise to update as soon as possible.

thank you so much for reading.

i'll talk to you guys soon.

happy reading xx

~Claudia