Chapter 3

Recap:

He bit me where it was most fatal for a wolf - my neck.

Eliza's POV

I had fast reflexes though. At that instant when he bit my neck, I rolled over. I know, not the best move I could've done, but it was the best I could think of when thinking on my feet. The move managed to get the desired effect though and I smirked in triumph when I heard the sound of bones crunching.

He was in a lot of pain this time. I took this chance as an opportunity to snap his head off. Well, I tried to anyway. Even in his pain, he managed to dodge my attack.

I may have fast reflexes, but he was faster. Way faster. I figured the only way to really kill him, or to have any chance to really kill him, was to injure him further first. So I did. I pounced on him and tore a whole chunk of his flesh off. This made him groan in pain. He was losing a lot of blood and I knew that pretty soon, he would die.

He staggered to me, trying to tackle me. But as I said before, he was losing a lot of blood. He was getting weaker. It didn't take much effort to send him flying in the other direction. 

Crack.

Another one of his bones cracked. I could've sworn it was his collarbone. I examined his injuries and concluded that if I didn't kill him fast, his injuries would fully heal soon, and he would kill me. And no way in hell was I going to let that happen.

I backed away from him. I did it to confuse him basically. He thought I was going to lunge at him, and positioned his stance to counter the attack. I sped towards him, pretending to lunge at him. But at the last minute, I slowed down, and bit his head off.

That was it.

He was dead.

I bit him one more time for good measure. Then let out a howl of victory.

I had won the battle.

The other rogues, seeing that I had killed their alpha, turned and fled. As for now, they were gone. I knew one day they would come back. But that was another problem for another day.

The other wolves from the pack bowed their heads at me in respect, and I returned the bow respectfully.

My business here was done. So I turned my body, and prepared myself to leave Texas.

I ran back home, with a clear frown on my face. Why were the rogues so hard to beat this time? And so many? They never this tough. The only answer I could was that, the rogue packs had allied together.

That, was probably the only, and most logical explanation I could come up with, and I feared that it was true. Bigger rogue packs meant that they were harder to beat, and there was a bigger possibility that they would conquer our lands. I will have to discuss this with my parents.

After about an hour of running, I spotted my house, with my mother standing at the front porch, anxiously awaiting my arrival. I smiled a little. Whenever I went out to fight, my mom would wait outside for hours, always worried for me.

The minute she saw me, her face broke into a huge grin, relief clear in her eyes. She handed me some clothes. Taking them in my mouth, I went behind a tree to change. My injuries had all healed already, so that was good.

I walked over to my Mom, whose face was clouded with worry. "What happened? You came back earlier today." She asked.

"I'll tell you later. It will be easier if I could tell you all at once." At my reply, she simply nodded her head. We headed into the house, and was greeted by my Dad. He smiled in relief when he saw me, obviously glad I hadn't died during the fight, but there was also a bit of confusion in his eyes. I knew why. He wanted to know why I came home so early. Rogue fights always took longer, but today, since I couldn't fight them all, I looked for one particular wolf - their alpha, and took him down.

I suppose I had to tell them sooner or later, so it may as well be now. I told them the whole story then and there. By the time I finished my tale, my Dad's eyebrows were furrowed, as if in deep thought, and my Mom's face only held worry. Worry for the wolves that might die because of those rogues. Worried for me.

Because she knew there was a large possibility that, during this rogue attack problem, I might die.

I refused to believe that, or to even accept the possibility of that happening.

...

Hello again :)

Third chapter; Did you like it? This isn't my best chapter, mainly because i have never written an action scene before, but I assure you it will get better ((hopefully))

I understand this is getting a little boring, but the story line will pick up once she meets her mate, which will be in a couple of chapters or so. Until then, bear with me please.

If you liked this chapter, please vote, comment and fan. It would mean the world to me if you did :)

Check out my other book as well - Mate if you have the time.

It's a short chapter, I'm sorry.

~Claudia x